How to use ControlGetText Command in Autohotkey?

Dear friends I wish to know how to use ControlGetText Command. However I have read the help documentation of ControlGetText Command still I do not understand how to use this as there is no proper example of this command in help section in autohotkey. As I want, I have a calculator opened and I want to copy all the items present in its view menu, then how can I use ControlGetText command? Similarly if I have an untitled notepad window and I want to copy all the options available in its file menu then what should I do with ControlGetText command. As I am trying to retrieve the text from controls of autohotkey help tabs using these codes, but they are not working- moreover you can look at the image attached with this question. please help me. thanks

f1::
ControlGetText, OutputVar, SysTabControl321, AutoHotkey Help
return
f2::
send %OutputVar%
return

controlgettext.png

Edited by Melba23
Reset font size to something more reasonable

Welcome to AutoIt!
Seems you are on the wrong forum. To get help for your AutoHotkey question I suggest to ask it on the AutoHotkey forum.
Good luck!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

manojaggarwal,

i have seen many questions related to autohotkey asked on this forum also and they are solved very well also

We will try to help translate from AHK into AutoIt, but responding to AHK questions is asking a bit much. Go and ask on an AHK forum.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area