Ïs there a faster way to get WAN ip than _GetIP()?

wazer

_GetIP() Seems broken to me when using it in my gui, I have it perform _GetIP() and others wmi checks during startup.

Mostly the gui/app hangs for about 30-120 seconds, it can vary a lot, tho very rare it comes loads instantly.

Tested from multiple machines and multiple locations.

This location where _GetIP()  gets the call point from is broken. http://checkip.dyndns.org/ and is VERY slow most of the times.

Any got another workaround, maybe the php script from checkip i can upload to my own server and call from there?

Holy..... why did this not get attention by the devs?. This is beautiful. THANKS!

you're welcome.

p.s. (you have to thank trancexx!)

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

I just tested http://checkip.dyndns.org/  now and got 1 second later the correct response  :blink:

I have multiple users using my tool here in Denmark, 133 to be specific within 24 hours.

I get ts3/emails complaints from that the tool is hanging all the time by my users.

Yet its funny we have some of the best route, most of Denmark has wired up to stable connections around in Europe to less that 10-20ms we got gigantic fiber connections 100/500mbit for normal customers as default the route to that checkip from Denmark is terrible and slow and hangs. So what more can i say. After replacing it, it works instant now, tested 100/100 works every time.