Shockwave element in IE object

svennie

When i load a webpage with a shockwave element in a IE object using the example in the beta "GUICtrlCreateObj" i can not type in it B) .

When i hit a key it does nothing, but in the normal IE it does.

It should type in a field in a Shockwave file.

I have also tried using the CWebPage library but it gives the same problem :graduated: .

Hope you can help.

Thans already :o .

EDIT:

Extra information about my problem:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=123291

Edited by svennie
Sorry for my English, I'm Dutch... =DMedia UDFINet Adv UDF

There is a current discussion about the webbrowser control not recognizing the Enter and Del keys inside the GUI object, but it accespts other characters.

You haven't included any sample code, so if anyone had the urge to help you you are forcing them to guess at exactly what you've done and create their own example to test for you. If you really want help you'll need to make it easier for someone to provide it to you.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

There is a current discussion about the webbrowser control not recognizing the Enter and Del keys inside the GUI object, but it accespts other characters.

You haven't included any sample code, so if anyone had the urge to help you you are forcing them to guess at exactly what you've done and create their own example to test for you. If you really want help you'll need to make it easier for someone to provide it to you.

Dale

As i already said in my first post i use just the example from the beta but then with another URL.

Further nothing is changed, here's my code:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
; Simple example: Embedding an Internet Explorer Object inside an AutoIt GUI
;
; The full example is available in the test\ActiveX directory (TestXInternet.au3)
;
; See also: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/webbrowser/reference/objects/internetexplorer.asp

$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")

; Create a simple GUI for our output
GUICreate ( "Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580,(@DesktopWidth-640)/2, (@DesktopHeight-580)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
$GUIActiveX      = GUICtrlCreateObj   ( $oIE,     10, 40 , 600 , 360 )
$GUI_Button_Back    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Back",     10, 420, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Forward = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Forward", 120, 420, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Home    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Home",    230, 420, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Stop    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Stop",    330, 420, 100,  30)

GUISetState ()    ;Show GUI

$oIE.navigate("http://www.maidmarian.com/MOONBASE.htm")

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Home
            $oIE.navigate("http://www.maidmarian.com/MOONBASE.htm")
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Back
            $oIE.GoBack
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Forward
            $oIE.GoForward
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Stop
            $oIE.Stop
    EndSelect

Wend

GUIDelete ()

Exit

I will a sort of this code in my program.

This is just to test it, because why i go build in everthing and it doesnt work i have done it for nothing.

When i run it i can't type anything in the Shockwave fields.

The example URL is not the URL that i gonna use in my program. But it gives the same problem with that file i gonna use.

It would appear that this is similar to another issue that is currently logged in the V3 Bugs forum.

It is interesting to note that there appears to be NO events being fielded by the webbrowser control while typing into the text box. To see this, please the following lines in your code:

$oEvt = ObjEvent($oIE, "events_")
Func events_($param)
    ConsoleWrite($param & @CR)
EndFunc

I don't think that there is anything you can do about this at this point other than log a bug report.

The related open bug report is here

Dale

Edit: Fixed code block typo

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

It would appear that this is similar to another issue that is currently logged in the V3 Bugs forum.

It is interesting to note that there appears to be NO events being fielded by the webbrowser control while typing into the text box. To see this, please the following lines in your code:

Func events_($param)
    ConsoleWrite($param & @CR)
EndFunc

I don't think that there is anything you can do about this at this point other than log a bug report.

The related open bug report is here

Dale

Edit: Fixed code block typo

When i try it it gives the following (replaced @CR with ", " to not get to much lines on this page):

StatusTextChange, ProgressChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, ProgressChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, DownloadComplete, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, DownloadBegin, CommandStateChange, CommandStateChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, CommandStateChange, CommandStateChange, CommandStateChange, TitleChange, NavigateComplete2, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, CommandStateChange, TitleChange, ProgressChange, BeforeNavigate2, ProgressChange, StatusTextChange, ProgressChange, StatusTextChange, CommandStateChange, CommandStateChange, NavigateComplete2, StatusTextChange, ProgressChange, ProgressChange, DownloadComplete, DocumentComplete, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, ProgressChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, ProgressChange, StatusTextChange, ProgressChange, ProgressChange, DocumentComplete, ProgressChange, (* here i start with typing *) StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange (and more StatusTextChange but they are so much that it deleted them)

(* here i start with typing *) StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange, StatusTextChange

It seems to change something in the statusbar each time i type something in the field.

In the normal IE it doesnt.

So i tryed to replace it with this code to check with status it gives because it may be an error:

Func events_StatusTextChange()
    $Status=$oIE.StatusText
    ConsoleWrite($Status & ", ")
EndFunc

But it gives an error: The requested action with this object has failed.

What i am doing wrong?

.StatusText is not a valid property for the WebBrowser control as it is for the InternetExplorer control... see here (makes sense right? there is no status bar).

I suggest you test with the simpler site that you provided in your example... it shows no events when typing in the username text box.

Dale

.StatusText is not a valid property for the WebBrowser control as it is for the InternetExplorer control... see here (makes sense right? there is no status bar).

I suggest you test with the simpler site that you provided in your example... it shows no events when typing in the username text box.

Dale

That will not help since i want to type in a Shockwave field.

I will post it in the bug report forum.

Thanks...

That will not help since i want to type in a Shockwave field.

I will post it in the bug report forum.

Thanks...

It wasn't intended to help per se. I was pointing out that you are obviously using something much more complex than what you provided in your example because I saw no events being delivered by keystrokes entered into the text field at that site.

If you do a bug report, please boil everything down to the simplest code and example site that you can.

Dale