Error using Auto It

GinaV

I have never used Auto It before.  I have received a script from a company that is helping with a software upgrade.  They provided a link to your site and instructed to download  AutoIt and AutoIt Script Editor.  They provided me with detailed instructions on the modifications needed.  I have made the modifications to the script and then the instructions provided say to click on Tools > Build (F7) and get an error. 

I have looked for something on-line and everything suggested that Antivirus may be responsible.  I've turned off Antivirus and get the same result. I've tried this on 3 separate machines and have the same result on each.  Not finding much help on-line, sure could use some advise.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!
If you could provide the script and the error messages you get then helping you would be much easier ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I had inserted a snipit file error in the first post.  I don't know why it was taken out.  I have added the image below.  The script is a huge file.  I have added that too.  The only lines that I have tried to change is the AdminName (line 75), the AdminPassword (line27)  and the Domain (line 78).   Thank you for taking a look.

ERROR.PNG

SURunasCopy.au3

• Developers

There must be a process that is locking the temp file created by AUT2EXE when it wants to add the file to the PE header.

You are sure you don't have any other process scanning/monitoring filechanges?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I received an answer from the developer from the company I got the script from.  There was an icon file that was missing from the directory that the script resided that was necessary.  He sent me the file, I added it to the directory and was able to create the .exe file.

Thank you all for looking into this.  I had no idea where to start.  I appreciate your input and time so much.

• Developers

So you are saying that aut2exe is lacking to test first whether the file exists before trying to add it?

I would consider that a bug.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)