Old Autoit 2 need help to remove

Smokes

I remember back when I had Win 7 installed and I had used Autoit for something (cant remember) when I was finished I uninstalled Autoit. A few weeks later I upgraded to Win10. Now when I try to run some programs or install some programs, I am getting this autoit script error. Please help me to remove all this Autoit left overs.

• Moderators

Hello, Smokes, welcome to the forum.

First off, what AutoIt script error are you getting, and when? Secondly, do you see AutoIt in the Add/Remove Programs, Program Files directory, or your user profile?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Not sure what error. I am getting a green box around most of my windows. Autoit is not in add/remove programs as I stated in the first post.

delfixhangup.thumb.jpg.09145dc96982b80be

When I try to open some programs I get this, after clicking ok the program never opens.

worm.thumb.jpg.56d6a042162a59b64521f8ea0

Edited by Smokes

• Developers

.. and you did an Google search for "delfix Xplode" and didn't get any hits? ;)

It seems to be a compiled script you installed.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Check your AV whether that is killing your compiled scripts.

Edit: so this is not an AutoIt3 installation left-over but an compiled script given an error.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Have you tried uninstalling Delfix Xplode? That seems to be where the problem lies. I get the impression that this application uses AutoIt components that are not compatible with your upgraded system. I'm guessing a little bit here.

Perhaps there is an upgrade for Delfix Xplode which is compatible, but since you don't seem to know what it is I suggest you first try and find out.

Edited by czardas

You guys are not understanding me. This is not a Delfix problem. Please disregard the Delfix program. That was just an example snap of whats going on ( the green box around the window). This green box come on some programs and txt doc. This Autoit script or what ever it is in there is also stopping me from installing some programs. Sometimes it stops some programs from even running. I want to know how to remove this Autoit thing ( script or what ever it is). I don't want to fix it. It's not inside my add/remove programs as it was uninstalled back when I was in Win 7.

Assuming that you ran a malware and virus scanner, download and run 'Autoruns' from the sysinternals suite (search for it on google).  Run it and review the output for anything that jogs your memory or seems suspicious.  This is a listing of everything that starts when you boot.

Also, have you tried forcing the error and looking in task manager or process explorer to see what is running?

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Yes I have scanned my pc its clean. I will check my start up boot for anything suspicious. Not sure what in looking for in the task manager, everything seems ok.

Autoruns seems normal.

Edited by Smokes

Either you wrote the program and compiled it, or you downloaded it. Which ever is the case, Delfix Xplode is the only AutoIt application you have mentioned. What test did you do to eliminate Delfix Xplode from suspicion?

Green borders around windows most likely indicate programs running in a Sandbox. I say it's a combination of effects and most likely the antivirus is the main culprit. I suspect Delfix Xplode is not working as intended because of an upgrade - hence the message - which is probably a corrupted path due to changes in Windows. Until you verify these things, or give us more information, it's almost impossible to determine your problem or offer any further advice.

Delfix Xplode with a green border :think: AutoIt program running in a sandbox :think: corrupted file path :think: OS upgrade :think: Did I miss something?

Edited by czardas

• Developers
omg

Funny to see how you think we don't understand you while we actually do, but it seems you do not understand what we are telling you.

When an AutoIt3 script is "compiled", and Executable is created which contains the runtime module and the script packed into an EXE. When you run this standalone program and your AV detects that as an (false positive) virus, it can happen that this error pops-up. You are running one of these compiled scripts which will is giving this error, so it is not coming from any AutoIt3 installer.

Does that make it clearer?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

None of you answered my question. I want to get rid of it. How do I do it please? I use Comodo, this has nothing to do with Delfix as this happens with mostly ALL programs and some files. I never coded anything, I'm not a coder. Therefore nothing ever got compiled. I simply installed this Autoit program back when I had Win 7. I didn't know how to use it so I uninstalled it. Later that month I upgraded to Win 10 and these Autoit box comes and the green outline here here. I do not use any sandbox now in Win 10 but I did in Win 7.

Edited by Smokes

WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPEN TO YOUR SHIFT + DELETE KEY!? IS IT BROKEN? JUST DELETE YOUR DELFIX.EXE FILE!!!

Edited by TheDcoder

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

If you still have some pesky problem with delfix then please post your questions on their forums: https://toolslib.net/forum/

P.S There are no leftovers of AutoIt in your system, Delfix is coded in AutoIt so the error says...

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I think I got what you mean. Maybe you file Association is wrong. It's not AutoIt Problem. You can fix it look here.

Saludos