Logic problem: "For" loop and multiple file creating/editing

Hello. First of all, my full code:

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <String.au3>

Local $aFiles, $IntOrFloat
Local $aFileToRead = _WinAPI_GetOpenFileName("Open file to read", "Text Files (*.txt)")
Local $aFinalFile = _WinAPI_GetSaveFileName("How do you want to save the file?", "Text Files (*.txt)")
Local $sFilenameWithoutExtension = _StringBetween($aFinalFile[2],"",".")
Local $sLinesPerLine = InputBox("Lines Per Line", "How many lines per line do you want?","","")
Local $sCountLines = _FileCountLines($aFileToRead[2])

If ($sCountLines/$sLinesPerLine) >= 1 Then ; When the division result is a number with decimal, there will be less words in the last file and the script won't create it , therefore I add 1 to the result to prevent a file lack. Am I wrong? For example: if user introduces 3 the operation will be "4/3=1.33" and I need two files, the first "line1,line2,line3" and the second "line4".
    $IntOrFloat = $sCountLines/$sLinesPerLine
Else
    $IntOrFloat = ($sCountLines/$sLinesPerLine) + 1
EndIf

For $i = 1 To $IntOrFloat
    MsgBox(0,"", "Creating file " & $i)
    $aFiles = $aFinalFile[1] & "\" & $sFilenameWithoutExtension[0] & "-" & $i & ".txt"
    _FileCreate($aFiles)
    FileOpen($aFiles,2)
    For $a = ( ( ( $i - 1 ) * $sLinesPerLine ) + 1 ) To ( $i * $sLinesPerLine )
        FileWrite($aFinalFile[2],FileReadLine($aFileToRead[2], $a) & ",")
    Next
    FileClose($aFiles)
Next

MsgBox(0,"Done","Done")

With it I want to read a text file with a lot of lines and I wanna split it in multiple files with multiple lines (of the first file) in each line, separated by commas.

For example: the user executes the script and selects a text file to open that contains:

Line 1 asdf

Line 2 asdf

Line 3 asdf

Line 4 asdf

Then, the user selects the path and name of the result files. Suppose "C:\result.txt"

Finally, the user introduces the number of lines per line (lines of the initial text file to each line of the result text files). Suppose the user enters 2.

So far my code works fine. But I tried to code a loop for do (continuing the example):

• Start first loop repetition.
  • Create "C:\result.-1.txt", and write on it "Line 1 asdf,Line 2 asdf"
  • End first loop repetition.
  • Start second loop repetition.
  • Create "C:\result.-2.txt", and write on it "Line 3 asdf,Line 4 asdf"
  • End second loop repetition.

But my code results (continuing the example) in three files created:

• C:\result.txt that contains "Line 1 asdf,Line 2 asdf,Line 3 asdf,Line 4 asdf,"
  • C:\result.-1.txt that contains nothing.
  • C:\result.-2.txt that contains nothing.

Where is the error? I can't understand where is it... :(

At a quick glance I think maybe this line...

Should be...

FileWrite($aFiles,FileReadLine($aFileToRead[2], $a) & ",")

Of course I could be wrong, but if I'm not you should also close that file in the loop the line is in.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

At a quick glance I think maybe this line...

Should be...

FileWrite($aFiles,FileReadLine($aFileToRead[2], $a) & ",")

Of course I could be wrong, but if I'm not you should also close that file in the loop the line is in.

Yes! There is it. When I read it I can find the mistake... and I tried and it worked!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AutoitMike
      A process of mine opens a HML file, modifies it and then saves, closes it.
      I then need to run an.exe that opens this file right after this.. However, nothing that I find on this forum works that supposedly tests to see if the fie is still open, ready to be used by another process.
      Right now, I just Sleep(2000) .
      I would like something cleaner than this.
      This function, for example, returns False when nothing has it opened or if I open the file with notepad or any other editor.
      I am running on a win7 laptop, if that has any bearing.
      $File="C:\Utilities\test\report.hr5" MsgBox(0,"", _FileInUse($File)) Exit Func _FileInUse($sFilePath) ; By Nessie. Modified by guinness. Local Const $hFileOpen = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, $CREATE_ALWAYS, $FILE_SHARE_WRITE) If $hFileOpen Then _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFileOpen) Return False EndIf Local $fReturn = False If _WinAPI_GetLastError() = 32 Then $fReturn = True Return $fReturn EndFunc  
    • By Mo0C0w
      Hey guys!
      I just started working with the GUI yesterday and it has only brought more fun to the Autoit adventure  
      Basically I have a GUI windows that opens and based on the selection of the combo box the button will do something different. This specific scenario I am talking about the Client Update Verification  combo selection. When selected and the button is pressed my second gui window opens. As of now if I only paste comp1 or comp2 by itself it works correctly, but if I paste both, it has a fit.
      What would the correct way to do this be? Any help or examples, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance

#include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Client_List.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\dnoble\pictures\plexiibox v4.kxf Global $Form1_1 = GUICreate("Plexii", 336, 419, 1548, 586) GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF) Global $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\dnoble\Pictures\plexii.jpg", 41, 0, 252, 268, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_PIC,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) Global $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Select Test", 125, 280, 95, 24) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") Global $Combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Select Test", 39, 312, 257, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Client Update Verification|Bids") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") Global $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Proceed", 111, 352, 129, 33) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 If GUICtrlRead($Combo2) = "Client Update Verification" Then _Form2() ;clientupdateverification() EndSwitch WEnd Func _Form2() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\dnoble\pictures\plexiiboxclientupdate verification.kxf $Form1_1 = GUICreate("Plexii", 336, 521, 866, 454) GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF) $Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 57, 72, 241, 345) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Edit1") $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Execute", 95, 440, 145, 41) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 If GUICtrlRead($Edit1) = "comp1" Then comp1() If GUICtrlRead($Edit1) = "comp2" Then comp2() EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc  

• By mike1950r
      Hi,
      I have a problem with the scrollbar in edit control.
      In my case I use richedit, but it appears also in the "normal" editcontrol.
      The problem ONLY appears, when working with my program (including editcontrol) and another program like notpad on the other screen.
      It appears when using the scrollbar of notepad, then my scroll bar and so on ... (vertical scrollbars only)
      and then suddenly the area behind my scrollbar gets highlighted (black) like selected, above and below,
      if i move the mouse to the left during pressing, the whole area behind the scrollbar gets highlighted in black.
      When my program is loaded alone the problem NEVER happens.
      I have made two screenshots, 1st one when the problem appears, and the second one showing when moving to the left.
      I really have no idea and there is nothing special in my editcontrol.
      I would be really thankful, if someone could help me further to get this issue solved.
      thanks in advance
      cheers mike

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello guys, please i need your help
      am trying to work with CreateWindowEx api, i created the window with it controls, also i setup the call back function
      i'am using WinMSGLoop to focus with the keyboard.
      here i have a problem, i hope that you can help me.
      on the controls i used the UDF that comme with the autoit, such as _GUIButton_Create, _GUIListBox_Create....
      but i can't find a STATIC control UDF, for that i used this

local $h_ssrvlbl = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx(0, "STATIC", "الخادم", BitOr($WS_VISIBLE, $WS_CHILD, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN), 250, 10, 100, 20, $hWnd)
      as you can see here, there is an arabic text, so here is the problem, the arabic text isn't show normally, what is the problem here?
      also i have  an other question about keyboard focus, when i used WinMSGLoop, it worked, but if i press alt+tab to switch windows or focus an other window and return back to my window, the focus of control is kill.
      can any one help me to solve that please?
      my code will be as file here with the include files
      i hope can any one help me here
      thanks in advance

speed Test win.zip
    • By lIlIIlIllIIIIlI
      $input = $CmdLine[1] $bytes = 1000000 ; 1000000 for 1 MB, 1000 for 1 KB $size = FileGetSize($input) $file = fileopen($input, 16) $max = ceiling($size / $bytes) for $i = 1 to $max $data = fileread($file, $bytes) $output = $input & '_' & $i & 'of' & $max filewrite($output, $data) next ^file split
      file path for a 20MB "video.mp4" is input, it will be output as "video.mp4_1of20", "video.mp4_2of20", etc. change $bytes to affect the split files size, this example made them 1MB (10^6 bytes)

$input = $CmdLine[1] $name = stringtrimright($input, 1 + stringlen($input) - stringinstr($input, '_', 0, -1)) $split = stringsplit($input, 'of', 3) $max = $split[ubound($split) - 1] for $i = 1 to $max $in = $name & '_' & $i & 'of' & $max $file = fileopen($in, 16) $data = fileread($file) fileclose($file) filedelete($in) filewrite($name, $data) next ^ file join
      file path for any of the "video.mp4_Xof20" segments is input. the "video.mp4_Xof20" segments are read and written to "video.mp4" and then deleted, leaving the newly joined "video.mp4" in the end

i made this today because i had a big file that i couldn't really open. i split it into 1000 chunks to make processing and stuff easier. i've also used it to split files to just under 25MB segments so i can attach and mail big files over gmail which is silly but it worked