Unzip with bat and begin launch of Install-help please

Hello all!

I have run into a bit of trouble with a project that I am working on. I currently have an autoit file calling a  java script to  go out and retrieve the latest install of X from an FTP Server. It works great! Well the problem I am running into now is since the file I grab is zipped I have to unzip so then I can run the installation for X. I thought I had found a way using 7-zip but I keep getting an error even if I try to run the installation myself saying "Error: Error loading XML file.. This application will now close." If I extract the files using windows explorer I am able to install the program. 

I have my autoit file calling this .bat file and as a result I am unable to load from the unzipped folder due to this error loading XML file.

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\7-zip"
7z e "C:\Users\NTS User\Documents\AutoInstall\XInstall.zip" -o"C:\Users\NTS User\Desktop\Autoit\X" -y

Am I missing something with this? If anyone could provide insight I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks again! 

Richard

P.S. If I forgot to include anything just let me know! 

• 1 year later...

I've made several attempts to decipher how to use this method, but my script always aborts with the failure shown below.

I know almost nothing about using objects in Au3.  Can someone suggest a way to troubleshoot this simple call?  I'm running under Win7 Pro.

Thanks for any help.

Unzip Fail.PNG