Chimaera

Im having a problem with a small progress bar

this works and the progress happen but

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#RequireAdmin
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_Test()

Func _Test()

Local $hGUI = GUICreate("GUI", 500, 500, -1, -1, BitXOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX))
    Local $Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton('start ', 100, 100, 50, 50)
    Local $Progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress(280, 373, 180, 14, $PBS_MARQUEE)

GUISetState()

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit
            Case $Button_1
                Local $sDestFolder = @DesktopDir & "\test"
                Local $sSourceFolder = @ScriptDir & "\test"
                Local Const $iSourceSize = DirGetSize($sSourceFolder)
                Local Const $iPID = DirCopy(@ScriptDir & "\test", @DesktopDir & "\test", $FC_OVERWRITE)

If @error Then MsgBox(64, "iPID Error", "Error = " & @error)
                Local $iPercent = 0
                Do
                    $iPercent = Int((DirGetSize($sDestFolder) / $iSourceSize) * 1000)
 ; ive tried 10 and 100
                    GUICtrlSetData($Progress, $iPercent)
                    Sleep(20)
                Until Not ProcessExists($iPID)
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
    GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>_Test

The folder is 700mb total

It only uses a teeny bit at one end of the bar and the copy seems to finish way before the other part has made up its mind

Anyway to make this work so it uses all the bar?

1. Exit should be ExitLoop
  2. Local variables in a loop
  3. DirCopy is script blocking
  4. You're using the marquee style of progress bar
  5. Look at post #7 https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/125697-_progresssetmarquee-startsstops-the-pbs_marquee-style-on-a-progressbar/
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'd just spotted the marquee bit and removed it so now it uses the whole bar but it still waits.

So basically i need to get rid of DirCopy then

Exit? i need that to close the gui, its on a different case

Ok ill carry on thx

Edited by Chimaera

ExitLoop exits the loop, but after the loop you should be cleaning up resources i.e. closing connections and deleting the GUI. This is a habit you should start getting into. See the link above as to what I meant.

Oh and basically use my small UDF to start the marquee, DirCopy and then stop the marquee. DirCopy is scripting blocking, which means the code you can't do anything until it has finished, so using a progress bar interval will not work in this instance.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

ok id looked at that when i was searching but discarded it because of the warning it was out of date

I don't get your exitloop comment unless you mean add one, the only Exit in that script is in a different case and for closing the GUI nothing to do with that loop

Its only a small knocked up bit of code so you guys can see what im doing which is what you ask me to do..

Ill have a look at the UDF thx

Okay, so you have a GUIDelete() at the end of the loop, but Exit just terminates the script and this GUIDelete() is never called. My suggestion is to leave GUIDelete() where it is and replace Exit with ExitLoop Therefore on $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, the loop is exited and the GUIDelete() can be called i.e. gracefully tidy up your resources and exit naturally. I hope this is a little more understandable, because ExitLoop should be something familiar to you.

UDF List:

This is how good GUI code should be written.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Create a GUI with various controls
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example")
    Local $idOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 370, 85, 25)

; Display the GUI
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

; Loop until the user exits
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK
                ; Close button was clicked or OK button
                ; Exit from the following loop
                ExitLoop

EndSwitch
    WEnd

; Delete the previous GUI and all controls i.e. tidy the script's resources
    GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

UDF List:

Ok i see where your going never seen it be used for a gui exit before..

My main example will need updating i guess.

Im trying your code like this

If GUICtrlRead($DesktopCheckbox) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
                    _ProgressMarquee_Start($Progress) ; Start the marquee effect
                    If FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\test') Then
                        DirCopy(@ScriptDir & "\test", @DesktopDir & "\test", $FC_OVERWRITE)
                        _ProgressMarquee_Stop($Progress) ; Stop the marquee effect
                        Run(@DesktopDir & '\test\test.bat')
                    Else
                        MsgBox(64, 'Error', 'Test Folder Missing')
                    EndIf

And its still only using a teeny bit on the left of the bar, your example works fine so im going to have to work out what is affecting it

oddly it seems to be waiting till the copy has finished again, maybe 700mb isnt enough to get it started?

The progress works when i hide the DirCopy

Thx again

Edited by Chimaera

Well the example was from the help file (with additional comments) As for your problem, I dunno, because you're only showing me half the code. If I would have to guess It would be that you're not setting the style of the progress bar to be a marquee. Do you also get my point about DirCopy() being a blocking function? If you don't want it to be, then create your own DirCopy() in which you can set the progress bar interval based on the loop iteration index value.

UDF List:

Just to be thorough i add the same dir copy to your example and it only uses a v small bit of the gui like my script does

So its the DirCopy causing the problem and i guess prob the folder size

yes the progress is marquee

Yes i get what you mean about blocking it holds the script up until it finishes

Back to the drawing board i think, i have a Do-Until loop in my sig that uses robocopy that may do this

but i was trying to avoid it because robocopy doesnt play well with XP unless you swop files about

Edited by Chimaera

So yeah, that means DirCopy() is blocking the GUI from being redrawn. So nothing you can do in terms of 'simplicity' I'm afraid. Maybe time to look at another language for this sort of thing i.e. copying large file sets? =)

UDF List:

Yeah i had a look at that but ive just spent 2 hrs trying to get it in a simple form that i can use and no good so ill keep looking thx for the suggestion