Syntax errors

Hi all

My code works pretty fine, but when I check it via the Syntax-Check-Prod I got many errors such as:

"C:\Projects\qasa_GWAPP_Tests_6.6\misc\Call Generator\AutoIt3\AutoIT_scripts\emsFuncsOnebox.au3"(555,81) : error: _IEGetObjById() called with Const or expression on ByRef-param(s).
   _IEAction(_IEGetObjById(_IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 1), "jqi_state0_buttonOk")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Projects\qasa_GWAPP_Tests_6.6\misc\Call Generator\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3"(1882,41) : REF: definition of _IEGetObjById().
Func _IEGetObjById(ByRef $oObject, $sId)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

for line of code such as:

_IEAction(_IEGetObjById(_IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 1), "jqi_state0_buttonOk"), "Click")

[Get frame #1 in IE object, search for object with ID "jqi_state0_buttonOk", and Click on it]

Can you help me fix the syntax (or the syntax-checker) so I won't see these errors?

Thanks

• Developers

Try putting the result of _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 1) into a variable and use the variable in the _IEGetObjById() functions, as the helpfile states the Param is ByRef.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos

Thanks. After I did what you said and did the same for the result of Object it stopped invoke errors.

$oFrame = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 1)
   $object = _IEGetObjById($oFrame, "jqi_state0_buttonOk")
   _IEAction($object, "Click")

but now I get three lines of code instead of one, and it makes the code ugly. 
Is there any way to avoid it (except using a function ) ?

Thanks a lot !

• Developers

but now I get three lines of code instead of one, and it makes the code ugly. 
Is there any way to avoid it (except using a function ) ?

Seriously?

Guess the "ugly" comment is really "in the eye of the beholder" and think you should ask yourself whether it is really the case or simply a matter of changing your own expectations.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)