autorun from USB

MelvinHAAAN

Hello guys, im doing a little project and i'm new here. I make a batch file that change the desktop background when you start up the computer. Now i want the batch file on my USB and when i plugg the usb in a computer the batch file run automatically from the USB. So how can i run the batchfile automatically from the USB? Somebody have a .autoit3 or batch script?

Melvin. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

A long time ago, Windows allow a file called autorun.inf to tell Windows which file to run automatically; this is EXACTLY what you asked for. Insert, say, an installation disc, and Windows will run the correct install.exe, because autorun.inf tells Windows which file to run.

Then, malware came along and used this to their advantage. They tell Windows to automatically run themselves when USB is plugged into another computer, thus they spread that way. If you hear about autorun malware, this is what they meant.

As BetaLeaf said, Microsoft appeared to have reconsidered this and turned it off by default now. You can still turn on autorun manually, and autorun.inf would still work, but on most modern computers, it wouldn't.

JPGRARMouse Lock | My website | Thanks so much for your help! ❤️