TCP Possible Bug

themax90

Ok, I am quite experienced in writting TCP uses such as servers and IM's but there is just one thing I cannot understand right now. I have tried everything, I have tried connecting to someone and someone connecting to me using _GetIp and 127.0.0.1. I have tried behind routers and forwarded routers and direct connecteds, on cable, dsl, and dailup. I have tried with 3 or 4 different people, 3 of which use comcast, 1 uses earthlink.

I have all but came up with this conclusion.

AutoIt does not allow TCP to connect from a computer on the internet. Take my chat server for example:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17841

You can connect PERFECTLY to yourself and 127.0.0.1 default address BUT NO it wont work with someone else. I just need to know is there something I have ignorantly missed, because it works seamlessly on LAN, home networks, and single computer, but doesn't seem to work on the internet.

Please I really need help this time.

Thanks

AutoIt Smith

Edit 1 : What I mean by internet is someone on the internet cannot connect to my computer and vice versa

Edit 2 : This does not only happen with my Chat Server but Remote Server 1.3, PIM 1.0, BlackJack 1.4 Beta(ONLINE) Non-Released, TIM NT 1.0 Non-Released, and the examples in the AutoIt Help file.

Edited by AutoIt Smith

Ok, I am quite experienced in writting TCP uses such as servers and IM's but there is just one thing I cannot understand right now. I have tried everything, I have tried connecting to someone and someone connecting to me using _GetIp and 127.0.0.1. I have tried behind routers and forwarded routers and direct connecteds, on cable, dsl, and dailup. I have tried with 3 or 4 different people, 3 of which use comcast, 1 uses earthlink.

I have all but came up with this conclusion.

AutoIt does not allow TCP to connect from a computer on the internet. Take my chat server for example:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17841

You can connect PERFECTLY to yourself and 127.0.0.1 default address BUT NO it wont work with someone else. I just need to know is there something I have ignorantly missed, because it works seamlessly on LAN, home networks, and single computer, but doesn't seem to work on the internet.

Please I really need help this time.

Thanks

AutoIt Smith

Edit 1 : What I mean by internet is someone on the internet cannot connect to my computer and vice versa

Edit 2 : This does not only happen with my Chat Server but Remote Server 1.3, PIM 1.0, BlackJack 1.4 Beta(ONLINE) Non-Released, TIM NT 1.0 Non-Released, and the examples in the AutoIt Help file.

I Also have this problem I have tried everything to no luck

Exactly!!!! Not only me has experienced it. I think Jon and Larry need to take a look at this.

Larry is the one which wrote the TCP function. I integrate them as autoIt functions without any real Knowledge of TCP API.

I hope Larry can help to solve the issue.

At least tell me with specific AutoItScript both server and Client how to reproduce you problem.

Just attach them to next post.

Thanks B)

@Larry

I do not have a router at this current moment, I am supplied with comcast cable. The cable line goes to the cable modem and is sent from an ethernet line to my computer. There is no seperate thing, could it be this Cable Modem? Because I have seriously tried everything, this just isnt seeming to work. Can you look through my script Server.au3 and Client.au3 on the above posted link and tell me if I set Ip's and Ports correctly? I'm sure it wouldn't take you a bit to figure it out.

@JPM

Run the server on someones computer with a direct connection

Goto a different computer at a different house, run the client

Try to connect to there IpAddress by File --> Server Settings

Set the settings to %IpAddress% and Port 8000 (%ipaddress% being the one the server is on) Then hit Register button

Wait about 1 second and another window should come up, put in any random username and password and hit that button. The status window which initialized will always say UNABLE TO CONNECT.

I just found a way to fix it, now I need members of the AutoIt ITS developers team or other testers to help me test this thing B)

Edit 1: All credit adue to Larry, you need to use @IpAddress1

Edited by AutoIt Smith