Cant Get OBS MultiPlatform To Load

Im trying to open OBS MultiPlatform with a simple Autoit script..

"Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\OBS64.exe")"

but upon loading the script i get the following message....

"This application failed to start because it could not find or load Qt platform plugin "windows".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Any ideas??

Edited by BlockABoots

• Developers

Try setting the Workdir parameter in the Run statement to the program directory.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Just like this:

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\OBS64.exe","C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit")

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Great!, that worked!

Next problem, with the standard OBS program if i use the Autoit Window info application, i can find out that the 'Start Record' command uses....

[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:5]

but with OBS MultiPlatform, when i try and use the Autoit Window info application, it doesn appear to be able to determin the value for the 'Start record' button, instead when i try hovering the cursor over the 'Start Record' button it seems to just hightlight the whole lower panel of the OBS Multiplatform window. Any ideas how else i can find the right value for the 'Start Record' button?

• Moderators

BlockABoots,

Please do not bump your own threads within 24 hours.

Remember this is not a 24/7 support forum - those who answer are only here because they like helping others and have some time to spare.  You just have to wait until someone who knows something about your particular problem, and is willing to help, comes online.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Ok sorry, i have found a work around now, but have a new issue.

This is my script for opening my 2 programs...

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\OBS64.exe","C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit")
WinActivate("OBS 0.12.2 (64bit, windows) - Profile: Untitled - Scenes: Untitled")
sleep(700)
send ("{r}")
Run("C:\Pro Capture HDMI\SDK\Bin\x64\Release\XID_MultiAudioCapture.exe")
WinActive("XID_MultiAudioCapture")
sleep(250)
send ("{space}")

and the script stopping the recording....

send ("{space}")
WinActivate("OBS 0.12.2 (64bit, windows) - Profile: Untitled - Scenes: Untitled")
send ("{r}")

now while OBS does indeed stop recording, the MultiAudioCapture program doesnt stop recording, i i click on the MultiAudioCapture window to 'focus' on it and press 'space' then it does stop. Do you know why the script above isnt working as intended?

Edited by BlockABoots

• Developers

Pretty sure the winactivate is done too soon after the run() statement for both as I doubt the program is started yet when it is performed.
Put a sleep() after the run() or do a winwait() to ensure it exists before doing the winactivate.
Also try working with ControlSend() in staed of Send() when possible.

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok have i have change the stop recording script to....

Winwait("XID_MultiAudioCapture")
sleep(550)
Send("{space}")
Winwait("OBS 0.12.2 (64bit, windows) - Profile: Untitled - Scenes: Untitled")
sleep(550)
Send("{r}")

but it, still doesnt stop the XID MultiAudioCapture program from recording (OBS stops fine). I have tired the ControlSend command but when i use that i get an error message...

Error: Incorrect number of parameters in function call

• Developers

I have tired the ControlSend command but when i use that i get an error message...

Error: Incorrect number of parameters in function call

Then you have coded it wrong ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well all i have done to replaced 'send' with 'ControlSend'

You need to look them up in the helpfile. They have completely different parameters.

Welcome to the forum :)

• Developers

Well all i have done to replaced 'send' with 'ControlSend'

As stated, look at the proper format in the helpfile and show what you have in case you still have issues.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, this is just a simple script to get the audio capture program to load and and start recording....

Run("C:\Pro Capture HDMI\SDK\Bin\x64\Release\XID_MultiAudioCapture.exe")
sleep(250)
sleep(250)
ControlSend("XID_MultiAudioCapture", "Record To File", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

But im getting a script error......

e8kKJfe.jpg

if i change 'ControlSend' to 'ControlClick' then it loads the program and starts to record just fine. Any pointers to what wrong with my script to not allow the ControlSend command to work?. I have used AutoIt's Info Program and the record button for the MultiAudioCapture gives the following info...

SzJOzgu.jpg

Edited by BlockABoots

• Developers

mmm, well, when the intent is to click a button I would indeed use ControlClick() and not ControlSend().
As to the error: see previous comments as they are still valid.

So, Start to read the helpfile and find the appropriate functions and their format to use. ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

mmm, well, when the intent is to click a button I would indeed use ControlClick() and not ControlSend().
As to the error: see previous comments as they are still valid.

So, Start to read the helpfile and find the appropriate functions and their format to use. ;)

Jos

Gotcha!, i did get it to work i had to add an addition "", in between the title and text sections, so the line reads....

ControlSend("XID_MultiAudioCapture", "", "Record To File", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

But are you suggestion that i should use 'Controlclick' instead then?

I have an issue with OBS MultiPlatform where i cannot get Autoit's Info porgram to tell me what CLASS the record button is, as it seems to just highlight the whole control panel at the bottom of OBS's main window, this quick video i made shows the issue...

any ideas how i can find the info for the record button?

Edited by BlockABoots

• Developers

Gotcha!, i did get it to work i had to add an addition "", in between the title and text sections, so the line reads....

ControlSend("XID_MultiAudioCapture", "", "Record To File", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

:think:  No you did not and please tell me you didn't look at the helpfile yet to come up with this solution?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

:think:  No you did not and please tell me you didn't look at the helpfile yet to come up with this solution?

I think did need to add the extra ' " ", ', because if i have the line in the script as.......

Then the program loads and starts to record as intended!, but if i have the script line as......

ControlSend("XID_MultiAudioCapture", "Record To File", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

so missing out the "", in between, "XID_MultiAudioCapture" & "Record To File" i get a script error!!

• Developers

Understand the error will disappear but that doesn't mean you have solved it correctly.
Somehow you keep avoiding my HelpFile comments... there is a hint in there!

Anyway you need to continue with ControlClick for now so just think about the last remark as a thing for the next time you do need it!

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.