Running a program invisibly in the background

I've written a small bot for a website I visit frequently. It basically does a few mouse clicks for a few times and that's it (no, that does not violate any rules on that website). The code itself isn't important for that, probably.

Yet, the program runs in the foreground and I can't use my laptop when the bot is running. It would be great if it could do that somewhere where it doesn't affect me. Where I simply don't notice if it's running and where I can work normally. Is there such a thing? If yes, how does it work? Thanks :D it's a bit annoying when the program runs for 2 or 3 hours and I can't use it...

• Developers

I've written a small bot for a website I visit frequently. It basically does a few mouse clicks for a few times and that's it (no, that does not violate any rules on that website). 

More important: is the it violating our forum rules?

The code itself isn't important for that, probably.

I know we are pretty good at guessing what people might need but until you share more info I would say: No, not possible.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 years later...

OMG I am not a programmer at all and just by taking a few tutorials with autoit (id like to learn) even I know that you guys are not willing to help at all or dont know that much.

I just created this account to comment on this, as I am looking for something similar but a little more complex.

Of course with mouseclick command you need the window open and active, but you can certainly do it either with ControlClick which DOES NOT REQUIRE FOR THE WINDOW TO BE ACTIVE and/or  ControlComand depending on what you are looking for.

Dig in to those options, theres has to be a way to do it!

Now the question, is there a comand to actually have a program running in the background?

• Developers
2 hours ago, LePucco said:

OMG I am not a programmer at all and just by taking a few tutorials with autoit (id like to learn) even I know that you guys are not willing to help at all or dont know that much.

Funny way to start..  telling us we do not want to help you or aren't that smart!  

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If you have a question, you are best off to open a new thread and ask when the thread you are referencing too is many years old.

There are many commands to run things "in the background" but each thing is different.  Do you want a hidden CMD window?  A invisible GUI? Run as a different user?

Without some kind of code to see what you are trying to do, there is no clean cut answer.

As for the thread we are in, I would have told this person to look into setting up a VM so that visual automation can happen on a "different machine" on his current machine.

That might help you as well?

As Jos said, your being pretty defensive when nobody has even done anything to you, take it easy and explain what you need and as long as it is not against the forum rules you will surely get help. 

• Developers
4 hours ago, LePucco said:

Sorry man, 

I didnt mean to be mean, I was having a rough day, my bad.

Maybe think about it the next time before posting, especially when you are new in a forum as this is not the best "first impression".

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.