KeePass extension

AutoDave

README.TXT:

Keepass is an excellent program. The only restriction a lot

of users don't like is that you have to open a program pr a

webpage first, and then use the global hotkey or CTRL-V.

IMHO it is better just to double-click on an Keepass entry

and everything else happens automatically. A lot of users

also have problems with web pages that don't activate the

focus for the "username" field (e.g. citibank)

I not sure I understand. I just open Keepass, select the entry in the edit control, and a url hotlink displays at the bottom of the edit control. Click on it and a webpage open, then I press Ctrl+Alt+A (standard hotkey) and it reads the title and autotypes, and logon happens. I find it works good for the sites I use. Perhaps you have improved the idea alittle, seems like you maybe doing it the long way to start with?

Does your script gaurantee input focus for any problematic sites that you mention? I have not experienced focus issues yet, but I could assume bank sites may have a more differcult page possibly.

All I want to do is to click on an URL and then logon automatically. Without using any combination of clicks and CTRLALT combinations etc. I don't want to wait until a page is finished loading (before you auto-type). I don't want to worry about window titles that change all the time or are even the same for some pages etc. I don't want to deal with DELAY statements in my auto-type settings and so on

Try that side https://web.da-us.citibank.com. No focus in the input field ... (of course I could click into the field first, before using the global hotkey combination or tab to it 20 times or so, but the number of tabs can change from week to week ...)

Well, and I also wanted to learn autoit and needed something to work on :-) Actually I started with autohotkey, but figured out quickly that autoit is better (it supports COM).

But I don't want to start that discussion again, whether ahk or au3 is better :-) In fact I use both: ahk for remapping keys, and au3 for scripts (COM + better/cleaner syntax). Wish the two would be merged ;-)

I not sure I understand. I just open Keepass, select the entry in the edit control, and a url hotlink displays at the bottom of the edit control. Click on it and a webpage open, then I press Ctrl+Alt+A (standard hotkey) and it reads the title and autotypes, and logon happens. I find it works good for the sites I use. Perhaps you have improved the idea alittle, seems like you maybe doing it the long way to start with?

Does your script gaurantee input focus for any problematic sites that you mention? I have not experienced focus issues yet, but I could assume bank sites may have a more differcult page possibly.

• 1 month later...