Launching Chrome with Command Line Switches

Hi All

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I am trying to pass a URL to chrome and launch it with a command line switch using ShellExecute. I've also tried Run but neither of them seem to work as soon as I introduce the switches I need to use: --no-first-run --no-default-browser-check

I've been trying to get just --no-first-run to work before adding the other one but I can't and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

If I run this from Windows Run, it works: C:\Program Files (x86)\google\chrome\application\chrome.exe --no-first-run google.com

Here is the code I'm trying to use:

If $CmdLine[0] = 2 then

$arg    = $CmdLine[1]
    $link     = $CmdLine[2]
Else
    Exit(0)
EndIf

ShellExecute("chrome.exe", $arg & " " & $link, '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\"' )
;Run ('"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"' & " " & '"--no-first-run"' & " " & $link)

I am calling it like this: runchrome.exe --no-first-run google.com

If I don't try to use $arg and just use $link for ShellExecute, chrome launches to the URL, no problem. The commented out Run also doesn't work but will if I don't try to use the switch. 

Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit: What I mean by "doesn't work" is that chrome doesn't seem to launch at all.

Edited by ottawamona

I think it had to do with the way I was building the string. I cleaned it up and it looks like this now 

$linktorun = '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --no-first-run --no-default-browser-check ' & $link
Run ($linktorun)
Run ($linktorun)

For some strange reason, Chrome wants to shut down on the first launch so I'm launching it twice. That may have to do with the switches I'm using but at least it's launching now.

Hi & welcome to the forum!

I have no idea what --no-first-run does so I tried it here with --incognito, seems to work.
My guess would be that the command line parameters to your script don't get passed properly.

Put this at the beginning at your script and post the output:

Global $FullCmdLine

If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then
    For $i = 1 To $CmdLine[0]
        $FullCmdLine &= "(" & $i & ")" & $CmdLine[$i]
    Next
EndIf

MsgBox(0, "", $FullCmdLine)