Total privacy

Renderer

Hello guys.Could you teach me how to get the maximum level of privacy on my computer? Someone told me that a good starting point is to use the Linux OS,and to abort the usage of Windows,but i need more information. How can i get my PC away from the another's eyes? How can i hide my IP without any WEB service? 

Thanks in advance.

How can i hide my IP without any WEB service?

Simple, Disconnect from the internet ^_^... Although 127.0.0.1 will be still valid :P

IP Address is your ID given by your ISP, you simply can't "hide" it! Its very similar to you Residential Address :), If you want to receive your parcel from the courier service, your address is mandatory... likewise if you want to receive data package from the WWW then your IP is mandatory :)

However, you can mask yourself (your IP) with a proxy or such.

Remember, anyone can't maintain perfect Anonymity in the WWW, you just need to let go some of your information ;)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I guess the best method to hide your IP location is to set up a secure shell.But Google is poor in tutorials. I found a some stuff, but that stuff i found was far from being helpfull.

Generally,using technology we expose to high risks.I think even taking a picture with our smartphone could be risky.

Edited by Renderer

I think even taking a picture with our smartphone could be risky.

And post it in Facebook or Twitter or Google Plus :P

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Developers

I guess the best method to hide your IP location is to set up a secure shell.But Google is poor in tutorials. I found a some stuff, but that stuff i found was far from being helpfull.

You totally lost me there, but that could be my limited knowledge on how things work. 
It seems you mix up a couple of things here: Systems security and connectivity and being able to trace that back to you.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Agree with Jos. I think the first answer to your question is a question: What do you see as the definition of "maximum level of privacy on my computer"? The answer, depending on whom you ask, would include such secondary aspects as physical security of the device, full disc or file-level encryption, two-factor authentication, encrypted transmission of data, anonymous web browsing, and many more. And to ask a forum to school you to the point of being an expert in every one of these areas is a bit silly. Why not narrow your question and start there?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

You seem to be extremely worried about it, which begs the question what are you doing that you need to hide that badly?

Unfortunately there is no perfect solution.

Some sensible options may be don't use google try https://duckduckgo.com/ which doesnt track you

Use things like Adblock Plus / Privacy Badger & Disconnect desktop to reduce the adverts / tracking whilst you search

You could use linux but you browsing movements will still be tracked just the same

I suppose the only perfect solution would be to dig a bunker in a forest and never use any device you haven't made yourself

You seem to be extremely worried about it, which begs the question what are you doing that you need to hide that badly?

I see, so if you actively protect your privacy, that means you must be a paedophile or a terrorist or something like that?

I suppose posted letters should be easy for anyone to read too, instead of all this sneaking around with sealed envelopes?

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I see, so if you actively protect your privacy, that means you must be a paedophile or a terrorist or something like that?

I suppose posted letters should be easy for anyone to read too, instead of all this sneaking around with sealed envelopes?

Edited by Renderer

I think better way is to make your own OS. And for internet, use your own browsers. So that none of the abussive surveillence programs will work in your browser. By "Own OS" , i mean you can make your own copy of linux or something like that. take a copy from internet and make some security changes as per your requirements and use it. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

You totally lost me there, but that could be my limited knowledge on how things work. 
It seems you mix up a couple of things here: Systems security and connectivity and being able to trace that back to you.

Jos

Sorry,it's my mistake.Using a SSH will not hide your IP location.

• Developers

We won't close topics unless it spins out of control.  
Just stop replying when you want it to fade away. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Now your jumping to conclusions

Ive been actively protecting mine for years but despite all my efforts, but i bet my my file at google is just as big as the rest...

I wish people were more bothered about this stuff, people freely give away their info with no thought for the consequences and i sometimes see the consequences at work when they have lost thousands of pounds etc

They let people into their pc with no thought of should i do this

It saddens me how little people worry about their files/data etc

But:

To goto the lengths and the aggravation of ip hiding etc is another level than the straightforward stuff which is why i asked the question.

With the laws that are trying to be pushed through atmo your every move belongs to the government and with all that info it still wont stop terrorism

Everyone always misses the point in these privacy things.  Whether you have something to hide or not is your own business (actually since OS's now spy on you, what was only your business is now everyones).  Its the principle of the matter.  The fact that they are spying on you should piss you off.  Why?  Because #1 it is not only against your permission, but they are trying to 'hide' the fact that they are doing it.  #2 it takes resources to spy on you, meaning ITS SLOWING YOUR COMPUTER DOWN and taking up additional electricity, #3 its only going to get worse, if you give them an inch, they will run a mile.  Now #3 takes some brain capacity to fully understand.  You have to think of the future.  If they are spying on us now, how bad will it be when the next generation/our kids get to computers or even the generation after that?  Was Star Trek being spied on the entire voyage?  Hell no.  Star trek being the 'ideal' ideology of where we want technology to go.

The best way in my opinion is to monitor your computers network activity.  If there is packets going out that aren't suppose to, then you need to block them.  Simple as that.  As far as browsing the internet like others say, you have to be careful what browser you use, what search engine you use.

hahah!!  I stand corrected, also the beginning of the move Insurrection, they were spying on that village at the beginning.

But that was for science. Science has never harmed anyone, right?

*AdmiralAlkex was vaporized by V'Ger*

*V'Ger got 26 xp and leveled up*