Help creating an admin script

MissMcMac

Hey, 

I am working on a project for class and work that will read when a user is logged into their computer, if they are not logged in then the program will execute a script to either allow a user group access to a specific file on the original user's computer, or make a back up of that file and copy it to the user groups comptuers or the company network, then delete the file/access after 10 hours. I am VERY new to scripting, as in this is my first real scripting class, so any help you can give me is seriously appreciated. So, to sum it up, this is what I need:

-Determine if User A is logged in
-If not on - backup files as "read only" to specified location with access to specific user group OR allow access to files on remote computer to user group
     else - end program
-End acces after 10 hours, delete folders from backup

I would prefer this entire thing be automated and not require anybody with admin rights to intervene, but if a manager must initialize the execution of the program, I may be able to work around that.

**Must be VBScript, as this is a VBScript class.

Thanks!!

Edited by MissMcMac

• Moderators

@MissMcMac in the future, please do not double post. As I agree with J1 in that it makes little sense to post a VBS question on an AutoIt forum and I see you have also posted in the minor VBScript sub-forum, I am locking this thread. If someone would like to assist they can use the other thread to do so.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I am sorry, guys, but this is completely new to me, and I am just looking for some help on my question. I made a rookie mistake, my bad. With that said, any comments on the actual topic, or just wanted to point out what I did wrong with the post itself?

And you are still making them.  If you want to end your queries with asinine rhetorical questions while offering nothing of substance, you can expect to receive the same.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)