Modifying a script to work in the background.

ragnar9k

Hello,

Lately I've been playing on a server where mini-games pop up every once in a while, unscrambling a word, long mathematic operation and such. English not being my first language, I've had trouble with unscrambling words, that is until I found a script made by Spiff95 along with an 80k word dictionary, I've been able to earn some points through unscrambling words, however as you complete these challenges, the time limit you are given to unscramble gets lower and lower. I was wondering if someone could modify Spiff95's script so I can be able to use it without having to alt-tab, write down the letters, then alt-tab back. There is nothing wrong with Spiff95's script, it has a very reasonable loading time for an 80k word dictionary (around 120-180sec), and instantly returns a result once I write down the letters, it's more that my quite outdated computer takes sometimes too much time to alt-tab back or out of games.

I was thinking of something like this:

I press F2, the script will then start storing whatever letters I enter next, then after I press F3 it'll put these letters into the script, and then it'll take the result, press "T" and output /RESULT. "T" being the button that allows you to open the chat box, and this without alt-tabbing.

If there is a better way to do it, feel free to do so.

-snip-

Edited by Jos

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!
Seems you have missed to read the forum rules on your way in. Please do so now!
You will then understand that game automation of any kind is not permtted here.
Hope to see you with a legitimate question soon :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

@ragnar9k,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. (there is also a link link in my signature) 
Please read them now particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked. :naughty:

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic