Generic TCP Behind Router?

themax90

hmm still not quite sure, cause in my expertise (i'm a network administrator i should know) but a Server is the only thing that needs ports open. the client should not since its just outgoing data and isn't checked by the router. but insted a firewall.. its like if i asked you to get on my ventrilo server, you wouldn't have to open the port 3784 to connect, but it would work by itself without any ports open.

do you have a temp server i can test on, i downloaded the client, and my firewall popped up saying its trying to connect to 0.0.0.0 on port 0. so changed it in the ini to 127.0.0.1 on port 1234 and it popped up askin for a connect to 127.0.0.1 on port 1234. so that looks good so far.

i'm unsure why it would need a port open, i looked at the code in you sig and it looked fine to me.

Edited by Bi0haZarD

Listen, when the USER operating the CLIENT is behind a ROUTER then it SENDS the data but CANNOT RECEIVE that data SENT by the SERVER.

Look in my sig and goto AutoIt ITS chat releases and download client 0.6, connect to 71.56.132.184 port 8000

If you are behind a router without the port forwarded then you cannot connect.

P.S. do not forget to register first......

P.S.S we can have other people behind routers test this, and you can ask 2 or 3 people on my devel team who are behind routers, they could not connect and neither will you if you are behind a router without UPnP or port 8000 forwarded, if it is forwarded you can connect otherwise IT WONT WORK.

Edit 1: If you cannot find Client 0.6 here is a link http://codewizonline.com/autoit/viewtopic.php?p=96#96

Edited by AutoIt Smith

Set Ip 71.56.132.184 Port 8000

Forward Port 8000 for TCP to YOUR COMPUTER currently, some people don't forward to the right computer.

Register and the client will hang for about 15 seconds then bring up a status window.

If that doesn't work try to plug your computer in directly to your line.

I know it works I chatted with the devel members who had a direct connection for about an hour. So don't say my scripts dont work.

P.S if you cannot get your network ip use this:

#include <Inet.au3>
#include <GuiConstants.au3>
GuiCreate("IpScout", 195, 75,(@DesktopWidth-195)/2, (@DesktopHeight-75)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
$iplabel = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Waiting for update!", 10, 10, 180, 30, $SS_SUNKEN)
$update = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Update", 90, 50, 70, 20)
$updatecheck = GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox("AutoIP", 10, 50, 60, 20)
GuiSetState()
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
        ExitLoop
    ElseIf $msg = $update Then
        $PublicIP = _GetIP()
        $NetworkIp = @IpAddress1
        GUICtrlSetData( $iplabel, "Public IpAddress: " & $PublicIp & @lf & "Network IpAddress: " & $NetworkIp)
    ElseIf GUICtrlRead($updatecheck) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
        $PublicIP = _GetIP()
        $NetworkIp = @IpAddress1
        GUICtrlSetData( $iplabel, "Public IpAddress: " & $PublicIp & @lf & "Network IpAddress: " & $NetworkIp)
    EndIf
WEnd
Exit
Edited by AutoIt Smith

nope no dice, i made sure i forwarded to the right port and computer and still didn't work.

i tried a ping of your computer and got a reply, so i know that our comps can connect. just don't know why it won't connect..

i ran ethereal (packet sniffer) to see and got 3 TCP outbounds there, but no inbounds...

heres a pic of my port forwarding..

Posted Image

*EDIT* kk, i'll see if i can think of anything.

Edited by Bi0haZarD