Just a random question

Unfortunately, Nope! Sorry, I forgot about Tidy :P, But you can do it manually too, just follow Best Coding Practices :D

TD :)

Edited by TheDcoder
Tidy...

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Moderators

xxaviarxx,

Yes - to some extent. The utility is called Tidy and it comes with the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installation which you can find here. It will indent properly, fix spacing, standardise spelling, etc. You also get quite a few other utilities to help you code in AutoIt in the same package.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Tidy i knew about and actively use. I'm talking about making the below code (for example), um not this horrible? This is from a price calculator I am working on for my guild to calculate how much an item is worth based on stats of the item, class type, and equipment type so we don't have those questions of how many points to I need for this item instead they can check themselves. Honestly my coding skills or lack thereof scares me when I try to debug this, and rest assured the rest of the code is just as bad if not worse in some cases.

$Check1 = GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 Or GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 Or GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 Or GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 Or GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60

$Check2 = (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60)

$Check3 = (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60)

$Check4 = (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60) Or (GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60)

$Check5 = GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60
If ($Choice = "Jewelry") Then
        If ($StrTM >= -1) Then
            Select
                Case GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 0 And GUICtrlRead($StrInput) <= 24
                    $StrTM = -0.75
                Case GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 25 And GUICtrlRead($StrInput) <= 49
                    $StrTM = -0.50
                Case GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 50 And GUICtrlRead($StrInput) <= 59
                    $StrTM = -0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($StrInput) <= 64
                    $StrTM = 0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($StrInput) >= 65 And GUICtrlRead($StrInput) <= 70
                    $StrTM = 0.50
            EndSelect

EndIf
        If ($StrTM >= -1) Then
            Select
                Case GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 0 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) <= 24
                    $DexTM = -0.75
                Case GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 25 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) <= 49
                    $DexTM = -0.50
                Case GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 50 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) <= 59
                    $DexTM = -0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) <= 64
                    $DexTM = 0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($DexInput) >= 65 And GUICtrlRead($DexInput) <= 70
                    $DexTM = 0.50
            EndSelect

EndIf
        If ($DexTM >= -1) Then
            Select
                Case GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 0 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) <= 24
                    $EndTm = -0.75
                Case GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 25 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) <= 49
                    $EndTm = -0.50
                Case GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 50 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) <= 59
                    $EndTm = -0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) <= 64
                    $EndTm = 0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($EndInput) >= 65 And GUICtrlRead($EndInput) <= 70
                    $EndTm = 0.50
            EndSelect

EndIf
        If ($EndTm >= -1) Then
            Select
                Case GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 0 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) <= 24
                    $IntTM = -0.75
                Case GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 25 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) <= 49
                    $IntTM = -0.50
                Case GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 50 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) <= 59
                    $IntTM = -0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) <= 64
                    $IntTM = 0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($IntInput) >= 65 And GUICtrlRead($IntInput) <= 70
                    $IntTM = 0.50
            EndSelect

EndIf
        If ($IntTM >= -1) Then
            Select
                Case GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 0 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) <= 24
                    $SprTM = -0.75
                Case GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 25 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) <= 49
                    $SprTM = -0.50
                Case GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 50 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) <= 59
                    $SprTM = -0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 60 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) <= 64
                    $SprTM = 0.25
                Case GUICtrlRead($SprInput) >= 65 And GUICtrlRead($SprInput) <= 70
                    $SprTM = 0.50
            EndSelect
            If ($Check1 = True And $Check2 = False) Then
                $T2 = 1
            EndIf
            If ($Check2 = True And $Check3 = False) Then
                $Check1 = False
                $T2 = 2
            EndIf
            If ($Check3 = True And $Check4 = False) Then
                $Check1 = False
                $Check2 = False
                $T2 = 2.5
            EndIf
            If ($Check4 = True And $Check5 = False) Then
                $Check1 = False
                $Check2 = False
                $Check3 = False
                $T2 = 3
            EndIf
            If ($Check5 = True) Then
                $Check1 = False
                $Check2 = False
                $Check3 = False
                $Check4 = False
                $T2 = 3.5
            EndIf
        EndIf
GUICtrlSetData($RPOUTPUT, Round(((((GUICtrlRead($StrInput)) * (1 + ((GUICtrlRead($StrInput)) * ($StrTM / $MAX))) * $xStr) + (((GUICtrlRead($DexInput)) * (1 + ((GUICtrlRead($DexInput)) * ($DexTM / $MAX)))) * $xDex) + (((GUICtrlRead($EndInput)) * (1 + (((GUICtrlRead($EndInput)) * ($EndTm / $MAX))))) * $xEnd) + (((GUICtrlRead($IntInput)) * (1 + ((GUICtrlRead($IntInput)) * ($IntTM / $MAX)))) * $xInt) + (((GUICtrlRead($SprInput)) * (1 + ((GUICtrlRead($SprInput)) * ($SprTM / $MAX))) * $xSpr))) * $T2)))

Ok I know the Jewelry one isn't so bad but there has to be way to make it short sweet and to the point for instance like in Java where you can do something like this.

Case 1
Case 2
Case 3
    $Var = 90

; make all the cases1-3 the same value as $Var when called

• Moderators

Tidy i knew about and actively use. I'm talking about making the below code (for example), um not this horrible? This is from a price calculator I am working on for my guild to calculate how much an item is worth based on stats of the item, class type, and equipment type so we don't have those questions of how many points to I need for this item instead they can check themselves. Honestly my coding skills or lack thereof scares me when I try to debug this, and rest assured the rest of the code is just as bad if not worse in some cases.

So, you want an automated tool that will allow you to write sloppy code and then make it right for you? You know the answer to this question even before you ask; want your code to be well-planned, well-commented, and readable by others? Then write it that way.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

xxaviarxx,

The first of those checks could be done like this if you put the input ControlIDs into an array:

$aInputs[] = [$StrInput, $StrInput, $EndInput, $IntInput, $SprInput]

$bCheck1 = True
For $i = 0 To UBound($aInputs) - 1
    If GUICtrlRead($aInputs[$i]) < 60 Then
        $bCheck1 = False
        ExitLoop ; As no point in checking further
    EndIf
Next
; $bCheck1 now either "All True" or "At least one False"

The other checks could no doubt also be refined, but you need to use some additional parentheses to make sure that your Ands and Ors are correctly determined as at the moment the code gives no idea which conditions are grouped.

The Select structures can be replaced by Switch like this:

If ($StrTM >= -1) Then
    Switch Number(GUICtrlRead($StrInput))
        Case 0 To 24 ; Use a range for the expression
            $StrTM = -0.75
        Case 25 To 49
            $StrTM = -0.50
        Case 50 To 59
            $StrTM = -0.25
        Case 60 To 64
            $StrTM = 0.25
        Case 65 To 70
            $StrTM = 0.50
        Case Else
            ; ?
    EndSwitch

Using Switch also means you can do this:

Case 1, 2, 3 ; Multiple expressions on the same line

$Var = 90

which nicely answers your final question.

There are no real "rules" to this - much of it is a question of experience as to the best way to structure code. Anyway I am now out of this thread - game-related stuff is not for me.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

So, you want an automated tool that will allow you to write sloppy code and then make it right for you? You know the answer to this question even before you ask; want your code to be well-planned, well-commented, and readable by others? Then write it that way.

xxaviarxx,

The first of those checks could be done like this if you put the input ControlIDs into an array:

$aInputs[] = [$StrInput, $StrInput, $EndInput, $IntInput, $SprInput]

$bCheck1 = True
For $i = 0 To UBound($aInputs) - 1
    If GUICtrlRead($aInputs[$i]) < 60 Then
        $bCheck1 = False
        ExitLoop ; As no point in checking further
    EndIf
Next
; $bCheck1 now either "All True" or "At least one False"

The other checks could no doubt also be refined, but you need to use some additional parentheses to make sure that your Ands and Ors are correctly determined as at the moment the code gives no idea which conditions are grouped.

The Select structures can be replaced by Switch like this:

If ($StrTM >= -1) Then
    Switch Number(GUICtrlRead($StrInput))
        Case 0 To 24 ; Use a range for the expression
            $StrTM = -0.75
        Case 25 To 49
            $StrTM = -0.50
        Case 50 To 59
            $StrTM = -0.25
        Case 60 To 64
            $StrTM = 0.25
        Case 65 To 70
            $StrTM = 0.50
        Case Else
            ; ?
    EndSwitch

Using Switch also means you can do this:

Case 1, 2, 3 ; Multiple expressions on the same line

$Var = 90

which nicely answers your final question.

There are no real "rules" to this - much of it is a question of experience as to the best way to structure code. Anyway I am now out of this thread - game-related stuff is not for me.

M23

@Logan Never said it had to be readable by others I was just wondering if there was a tool to make a mess of a code nice and neat. Don't get me wrong all of my code works perfectly the way it was intended to work, it's just a pain to debug it all if something did mess up for instance my equation took me 3 days of debugging to find 5-6 ()'s missing.

@Melba Can you explain how the check system works? I noticed a similar system being used when i was doing a random number thing in a previous post but never understood how it actually worked so I couldn't use a system like that. The switch statement you used for the StrTm is what I was attempting and failing at horribly so I switched to the select statement, now I understand what I was doing wrong with your example. On that train of thought is there a way to do something to combine all of those if statements and switch statements or are they going to have to stay individual like how I have it at the present time?

• Moderators

xxaviarxx,

... Anyway I am now out of this thread - game-related stuff is not for me.

M23 

Spoiler