PixelGetColor help

tp9191

Hello, good people. Basically what I'm trying to do is initially check a pixel, then wait 20 seconds, and check it again. If the subsequent pixel check is the same as the previous one, then I want it to do some statements (I plan on doing some simple sends and mouseclicks), if not, then I want it to sleep until it does in a loop.

HotKeySet("`", "F1")
HotKeySet("~", "Terminate")

Func F1()

While 1

Local $test = PixelGetColor (600, 500)
Local $test2 = PixelGetColor (600, 500)

If $test = True Then
   Sleep (20000)
   If $test2 =  $test1 Then
      ToolTip ("blah", 400, 0, "blah")
   Else
      Sleep (1000)
   EndIf
EndIf

WEnd

EndFunc

While 1
   Sleep (100)
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
 EndFunc

Yeah, it makes literally little to no sense. But I know I have to post something or else I would just look like a huge jerk. Unfortunately,  I could sit here for hours and hardly get anything done. I would appreciate some different sorts of ideas here. Thanks! :)

First, one of your pixelgetcolor calls has to be after Sleep (20000) else they will almost always be the same.

Pxelgetcolor returns a number representing a colour, not true or false, 

that test ... If $test = True Then...will only resolve to false if the colour is black

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I know mods don't like it when people just come here expecting others to spoon fed by others. However, I really learn better by example so this is quite difficult for me no matter how much I read the help file. You wouldn't understand how many hours I've been sitting trying to think of how to put something together to accomplish what I want to do.

If someone could give me other ideas on how to do this, it would be great.

However, this is relatively easy, in theory, that I'm sure experienced people could do in their sleep. If someone wants to PM me, its an easy opportunity for a few bucks.

• Moderators

@tp9191, you are correct, this forum is dedicated to helping people with their own scripts. JohnOne has given you some good advice, what have you tried with it?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Nothing unfortunately since I really dont fully understand what I'm doing in the first place. 

I don't know why it is but some of the logic of this program just doesn't make sense to me. It is supposed to read like I'm reading a fluent language in a way but something about it simply does not click right with me. 

tp9191 - Here is a script I wrote and it works for the most part. It's a good starter script. 

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

$iMinutes = 1
$hTimer = TimerInit()

$color = 0x0D66BF ;This is the color it searches for (x,y) coordinates.

While 1 ; Endless loop
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > ($iMinutes * 20000) Then ;When timer is a certain time it runs
        $color = PixelGetColor(481, 63) ; Coordinates specified.
        If $color = true Then
            MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Title", "Color was found!", 3) ; Test if it works
 ; mouse clicks would go here
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Edited by aa2zz6

tp9191 - Here is a script I wrote and it works for the most part. It's a good starter script. 

$iMinutes = 1
$hTimer = TimerInit()

$color = 0x0D66BF ;This is the color it searches for.

While 1 ; Endless loop
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > ($iMinutes * 20000) Then ;When timer is a certain time it runs
        If $color = true Then
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Thanks. I will try it when I get a chance and report back later.

$iMinutes = 1
$hTimer = TimerInit()

$color = 0x0D66BF ;This is the color it searches for (x,y) coordinates.

While 1 ; Endless loop
        If $color = true Then
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Hey, I just had a look at it and noticed it has a pixel color defined. I am not looking for a specific color; just wanting it to check whether or not it's the same pixel color from 20 seconds ago? Is it correct that the script is not doing such check? 

Try this version,aa2zz6's had the same defect your original script had.

Global $iMinutes = 1, $hTimer = TimerInit()

$OldColor = PixelGetColor(481, 63) ; get original color at specified pixel

While 1 ; Endless loop
        $color = PixelGetColor(481, 63) ; get current color of pixel
        If $color <> $OldColor Then ; if they're not the same color do this
            $OldColor = $color
        Else ; if they are the same do something else here
            ; do something here
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Try this version,aa2zz6's had the same defect your original script had.

Global $iMinutes = 1, $hTimer = TimerInit()

$OldColor = PixelGetColor(481, 63) ; get original color at specified pixel

While 1 ; Endless loop
        $color = PixelGetColor(481, 63) ; get current color of pixel
        If $color <> $OldColor Then ; if they're not the same color do this
            $OldColor = $color
        Else ; if they are the same do something else here
            ; do something here
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Looks good so far. But, what's the $OldColor = $color line in there for? 

so it does not keep firing after change until it changes again.

My brain does not quite compute why it prevents that from happening. Is it basically like "Yeah. Fine. We are equal to each other. So quit asking." ? Lol I don't really know.

when the pixel changes, the msgbox shows, and it wont show again until it changes again, but it asks on every iteration of the liip.

What is liip? EDIT: oh LOOP, hah.

I actually wanted to run mouseclicks if pixel checks were the same, not if they were different. So that means I can simply change <> to = ?

Edited by tp9191

What is liip? EDIT: oh LOOP, hah.

I actually wanted to run mouseclicks if pixel checks were the same, not if they were different. So that means I can simply change <> to = ?

Yes.

Careful with above question, could be a trap.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

can I ask a simple question - why the pixel check? why not just check the state of the control? (like a button for example) Pixel checking is notoriously unreliable.  

It is perfectly fine. It is just to check if a video has frozen.

Yes.

Careful with above question, could be a trap.

I think I know what you mean, haha. But no I'm not doing that.

Quick question: Does the script remember the value of PixelGetColors through each iteration of the loop? I kinda get the feeling that it is.

Still having issues, but trying to fix it without any additional help here. Thanks.