ur

How to extract variables from a string?

I need a function where it will get a string as parameter which will of syntax in VBScript like below

a&"asdasd"&asd&"as&dsf&gdf"&fs

Here in the above string what ever in the quotes we shouldn't replace them as they are taken as normal strings.And if the ampersand(&) if outside the quotes then we need to replace them with plus(+).And the normal words which are outside the quotes we need to append them with $.

So the output will be as below.

$a+"asdasd"+$asd+"as&dsf&gdf"+$fs.

Can you please help me on this.I'm unable to differentiate with & in the quotes and outside the quotes.

Don't know how to check whether a string is in quotes or not.

:)

$str = 'a&"asdasd"&asd&"as&dsf&gdf"&fs&th'

Msgbox(0,"", _format($str))

Func _format($str)
   Local $tmp = ""
   Local $res = StringRegExp($str, '(?|[^&"]+|"[^"]*")', 3)
   For $i = 0 to UBound($res)-1
      If StringLeft($res[$i], 1) <> '"' Then $res[$i] = "$" & $res[$i]
      $tmp &= $res[$i] & "+"
   Next
   Return StringTrimRight($tmp, 1)
EndFunc

Edited by mikell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Exit
      For my next project I would like to send files with "alternate data streams" by email in ZIP format.
      I can not use any external program like 7-Zip or WinRAR. (They would fit😥)
      Who knows how to create a ZIP file with "alternate data streams" included with the Powershell command "Compress-Archive"? 
      Here a test script:  (save as "ADSTester.cmd")
      @rem Try to create a zip file with alternate data streams (ADS) included @rem Housekeeping @cls @del ADSTester.zip >nul: @RD /S /Q Extracted >nul: @del ADSTester.txt >nul: @rem End of Housekeeping echo This is the ADSTester.txt file >ADSTester.txt echo This is the ADSTester.txt:Part1 file >ADSTester.txt:Part1 echo This is the ADSTester.txt:Part2 file >ADSTester.txt:Part2 dir /r ADSTester.txt @rem See the 3 files @rem **************************************************************** @rem **************************************************************** @rem Please alter the next lines to include the alternate data streams. powershell Compress-Archive -Path .\ADSTester.txt -Update -DestinationPath ADSTester.zip powershell Expand-Archive -Path ADSTester.zip -DestinationPath .\Extracted\ dir /r Extracted\ADSTester.txt @rem Only one file left :-( pause  
    • By ur
      Which Powershell command in the PowerCLI module for VMware ESX used to interact with UI apps?

When I launch any exe/any exeutable using powercli on guest VM using powercli command.
      Invoke-VMScript, I am able to run them in the background but not in the foreground.

i.e., UI apps are not launching but showing the background as running in the task manager.

We need our UI Automation scripts to execute in the VM, but it is not working.

We are able to do in virtualbox and hyper-v but not in vmware esx using powercli.

Please suggest.
    • By ambad4u
      Hello and Good Day to All!
      I am trying to install .NET 3.5 on Windows 10 x64bit via autoit (via ShellExecuteWait + PowerShell).
      If I run this line, it will runs without issues:
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & @ScriptDir & '\OJP83BU523.ps1' & '"') "OJP83BU523.ps1" contains: DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFX3 /All /Source:D:\Sources\sxs /LimitAccess
      However, since I won't know in advance the drive letter of the "sources" folder, I created a script to generate a PowerShell Script to give a correct path for it.
      With the modified script below, PowerShell only blinks and nothing happens
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & @ScriptDir & '\' & $filename & '"') or
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & $filename & '"')  
      I wish I know the difference with "$filename" and "\OJP83BU523.ps1" usage, as for me, it should be the same.
      Attached is my entire autoit script.
      any help is appreciated!, many thanks in advance!
      test.au3
    • By JLogan3o13
      There are a number of posts on the forum regarding use of Selenium in AutoIt. I recently had a go at using the PowerShell Selenium module, and was amazed at how easy it is. Thought I would post an example here; if anyone is interested this could probably be incorporated into AutoIt code pretty easily. 
      Pre-Req - The true star of this script is the ChroPath extension, available for Edge, Chrome and FireFox. With it installed, you just click on the element, select Inspect, and then ChroPath generates the XPath to the element for you. Here is an example based on a simple form I created on one of my sites.
      $myForm = Start-SeChrome -StartURL "http://logancomputerser.com/Appointment.html" -Maximized $firstName = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_First']" $lastName = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_Last']" $address = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_Street1']" $city = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_City']" $zip = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_Zip']" $state = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//select[@id='formElement_State']" $phoneDay = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_DaytimePhone']" $phoneNight = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_EveningPhone']" $email = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_liamE']" $user = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_48564']" $pw = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_f403c']" $submit = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='wstForm_Contact_Submit']" $reset = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='wstForm_Contact_Reset']" Send-SeKeys -Element $firstName -Keys "Joe" Send-SeKeys -Element $lastName -Keys "Blow" Send-SeKeys -Element $address -Keys "111 S. Main St." Send-SeKeys -Element $city -Keys "AnyCity" Send-SeKeys -Element $zip -Keys "90210" Send-SeKeys -Element $state -Keys "CA" Send-SeKeys -Element $phoneDay -Keys "555.867.5309" Send-SeKeys -Element $phoneNight -Keys "555.888.1212" Send-SeKeys -Element $email -Keys "1Adam12@gmail.com" Send-SeKeys -Element $user -Keys "JBlow" Send-SeKeys -Element $pw -Keys "MyPassword" Start-Sleep 1 Invoke-SeClick -Element $submit Stop-SeDriver -Driver $myForm  
      As mentioned, this is just another way to skin the cat, but I found it a pretty fast way to initiate some easy testing in Selenium, and have used it a couple of times in projects now, both straight through PowerShell and wrapped in AutoIt.
    • By Pickpocketz88
      First I would just like to say HELLO! to anyone reading. It has been a while since I've posted to the Forums but I'm always crawling around.
      Now to the matter at hand. I have been looking high and low for a simplistic answer my burned out brain can find but to no avail. I've only recently upped my AutoIt skill and only by a little bit such as ordering my script neatly with my own UDFs and using Global/Dim more often to make my GUI creation understandable and easy to keep things orderly. My current problem however is figuring out how to make my newest endeavor work which is my own "Debugger". I've made a GUI with an Edit Control to display what my Variables are holding and other information from a concurrently running Script. I have access to all of the scripts I'm attempting to connect but I'm dumbfounded on how I would separately read variable information from one running script into another. I'll provide my "Debugger" script that I want to read variables into and a "Meta Script" I'd want to pass info from.
      #Region Include Files #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstantS.au3> #EndRegion #Region AutoIt Options ;Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0) ;Opt("TrayMenuMode", 3) #EndRegion #Region Hotkeys HotKeySet("{ESC}", "ExitProgram") HotKeySet("{PGDN}", "PauseProgram") HotKeySet("!1", "Snippet_1") HotKeySet("!2", "Snippet_2") HotKeySet("!3", "Snippet_3") HotKeySet("!4", "Snippet_4") HotKeySet("!5", "Snippet_5") HotKeySet("!6", "Snippet_6") HotKeySet("!7", "Snippet_7") HotKeySet("!8", "Snippet_8") HotKeySet("!9", "Snippet_9") #EndRegion #Region Global Variables #Region Globals Global $gMain, $ctrlEdit ;, $gParent #EndRegion #Region $gMain Params Dim $gMainW = @DesktopWidth / 2 Dim $gMainH = @DesktopHeight / 2 Dim $gMainX = (@DesktopWidth / 2) - ($gMainW / 2) Dim $gMainY = (@DesktopHeight / 2) - ($gMainH / 2) Dim $gMainStyle = $WS_POPUP Dim $gMainStyleEx = -1 ;Dim $gMainParent = $gParent #EndRegion #Region $ctrlEdit Params Dim $ctrlEditW = Round($gMainW * 0.98) Dim $ctrlEditH = Round($gMainH * 0.98) Dim $ctrlEditX = ($gMainW - $ctrlEditW) / 2 Dim $ctrlEditY = ($gMainH - $ctrlEditH) / 2 Dim $ctrlEditStyle = -1 Dim $ctrlEditStyleEx = -1 #EndRegion #EndRegion #Region GUI Initialization ;$gParent = GUICreate("", -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW) $gMain = GUICreate("", $gMainW, $gMainH, $gMainX, $gMainY, $gMainStyle, $gMainStyleEx) GUISetBkColor($COLOR_BLACK, $gMain) $ctrlEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("MainW: " & $gMainW & @CRLF & "MainH: " & $gMainH & @CRLF & "EditW: " & $ctrlEditW & @CRLF & "EditH: " & $ctrlEditH, $ctrlEditX, $ctrlEditY, $ctrlEditW, $ctrlEditH, $ctrlEditStyle, $ctrlEditStyleEx) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gMain) #EndRegion MainFunction() #Region Main Function (GUI) Func MainFunction() While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit EndIf WEnd EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Functions Func Functions() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 1 Func Snippet_1() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 2 Func Snippet_2() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 3 Func Snippet_3() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 4 Func Snippet_4() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 5 Func Snippet_5() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 6 Func Snippet_6() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 7 Func Snippet_7() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 8 Func Snippet_8() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Program 9 Func Snippet_9() EndFunc #EndRegion #Region Pause/Exit Functions Func PauseProgram() While 1 Sleep(1000) WEnd EndFunc Func ExitProgram() Exit EndFunc #EndRegion Pause/Exit Functions #Region Snippets #CS #CE #EndRegion #Region Other Information #CS #CE #EndRegion That's the Debugger script. Please forgive anything ignorant but point it out if you will, I'll take any pointers to get better! (I usually use a Select to get $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE but this is early on)
      Now if I made another script with a basic GUI similar to this and wanted to read say the GUI Width ($gMainW) into the Debugger Edit Control could I do it? If so, could I do it for every variable I have in a script? I read something about the Run function and adding the variables as an option parameter I believe which I think I could do with an array to keep it from being super long and ugly but would that be the only way to do this? Any information is going to be appreciated and thank you in advance for your time!

Edit: Sadly it just dawned on me that I could make a UDF that will create a child window that will do this instead of having a separate script trying to invade another... I'll still be keeping an eye on this for any comments but I apologize if I wasted your time!