A programme I wrote for the organisation for which I work has been in use for a number of years with no issue. One of the things that it does is allow for attachments to be selected (Word docs, Excel sheets, etc) which it then writes away as a BLOB in MySQL.
This was all working fine until recently, when suddenly, on the odd occasion, Word would advise that the file was corrupt on retrieval of the BLOB from MySQL.
Upon further examination it appears that the issue is not with the retrieval of the data from MySQL, but reading in the data from the disk by AutoIT. It seems that on occasions that AutoIT will only read half the file.
I have no idea why this is, as the whole function is very simple. I have included a sanitised vesion of it below in the hope that someone can tell me where to look next, as this one has me beat (again). 😋
I have put some comments in to show what I have done to try and solve the problem, but am getting no closer to the truth. @error is the strangest one - it should return -1 when it reaches end of file but is returning zero.
Func _AttachAttachment() local $file,$chars,$fsize If $RFC_Retrieved = False Then msgbox(0,"Error","Must have a RFC active first") Else $file=FileOpenDialog("Attach to RFC",".","All (*.*)",1) ; Check if file opened for reading OK If $file = -1 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.") Exit EndIf ; FileClose($file) These two lines are my attempt to open the file in binary mode. Made no difference ; FileOpen($file,16) ; Read in the File $fsize = FileGetSize($file) ConsoleWrite("File size is " & $fsize & @CRLF) ; the size comes back as what it say in Windows properties ; $chars = FileRead($file,$fsize) ; I was using this, then tried the line following this. It didn't help $chars = FileRead($file) ; This is showing a figure $chars/2 - 1 I don't understand this ConsoleWrite("Number of chars read is " & @extended & " error code is " & @error & @crlf) ; @error is coming back with 0. I don't understand this as I thought it would be -1 FileClose($file) EndIf EndIf EndFunc Thanks in advance for looking at this
Is it possible , and how can I read and write txt files from Icloud (apple service) ?
Let me try to explain my application.
On my Ipad and Iphone I create txt files. On my windows computer it is possible to read and modify these files manually, by logging in on www.icloud.com.
What I want to make is an auto-it script who reads the txt file and create an new txt file on www.icloud.com, so I can acces these on my ipad and/or phone.
I've made a program that relies on IniReadSectionNames. It reads (~3K) Autorun.inf files in the working folder and creates a GUI based on their contents.
I made sure to revert to a default GUI upon @error.
But someone (with Windows XP SP3 32-bit) reported to me he always gets the default menu.
I sent him a FileRead command instead and it works! So seemingly there's no access problem to AutoRun.inf.
In the following demo code, I always hit success, but he always ends up with semi-success:
Local $hIniLocation = "Autorun.inf" Local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($hIniLocation) If @error Then $aSections = FileRead($hIniLocation) if @error then msgbox(48, "Double error", "Alternative access failed too due to:" & @crlf & @error & @crlf & @extended) else msgbox(0, "Semi-success", "IniReadSectionNames failed, but alternativaly this file contains:" & @crlf & @crlf & $aSections) endif else msgbox(0, "Success", "IniReadSectionNames worked!") endif Why is that? Is there something further to check with him?
I ran a remote program on 180 computers and logged the output to a log file with paexec. I'm trying to parse through the log file to see which computers launched the program successfully and record the computer name but I'm not sure how to go about it.
I can successfully open the log file, read it but not sure how to start separating the data.
I've attached the log file, basically every computer entry in the log file for a new computer starts with "Connecting to <computername>..." I was thinking about using that as the start and stop point for retrieving the end results. Anything with a "returned 0" is a success, everything is a fail.
Any help is much appreciated.
I've been scouring the forum for something that works... and no dice yet... hoping to stop the frustration - hope someone in the forum knows what to do.
Basically, I've saved .msg files out of MS Outlook and want to scan each on for email addresses but all I get with fileopen and fileread are symbols... ran through every iteration.
I've seen people do some soft of binary extract and binarytostring but I haven't gotten that to work either... not sure what's going on.
Neither of these have worked for me... yes I know they are old and FileOpen has changed... but like I said I tried everything that I know of.
$sFile = "C:\temp\messages\Test.msg" $hFile = FileOpen($sFile, 16) ; 16 = binary $binData = FileRead($hFile, 1024) ; read first 1KB FileClose($hFile) ConsoleWrite("Debug: First 1KB = " & $binData & @LF) or...
$sFile = "C:\temp\messages\Test.msg" $hFile = FileOpen($sFile, 16) $binData = FileRead($hFile, 20480) FileClose($hFile) $startdef=StringTrimLeft(Binary('thetextIamlookingfor'), 20) $enddef=StringTrimLeft(Binary('moretextIamlookingfor'), 20) $binData=StringTrimLeft($binData, StringInStr($binData, $startdef)+StringLen($startdef)-1) $binData=StringLeft($binData, StringInStr($binData, $enddef)-1) ConsoleWrite(BinaryToString('0x'&$binData) & @LF) Thanks!