Need help with WinWait for a specific sized window[solved]

feelie75

Hi. i googled and searched a lot before posting this. thanks for any help.

I need to locate a window that has no title or discernible text, BUT is always the same size. The autoit documentation says:

"X \ Y \ W \ H - The position and size of a window

One or more properties are used in the title parameter of a window command in the format:

[PROPERTY1 : Value1; PROPERTY2:Value2]"

However, i can't figure out exactly how to do that. i tried:

Local $winAW = WinWait("[W:506;H:288]", "", 30);

That didn't work. I couldn't find an example of the specific format I need to use. Can someone provide a proven working example? Maybe that example can be added to the documentation? :) Thanks!

Edited by feelie75

Your WinWait statement looks correct to me. Did you check with the AutoIt Window Info Tool that the window has the size you specify?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Please post a screenshot of the AutoIt Window Info Tool for your window.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks sorry I didn't reply sooner. Here's the screen capture:

I can't find it via Class because all of the Spruce POS Windows have the same class of RAIL_WINDOW. And the title is blank :(. So I figured Size would do it. There's no Visible Text when I click on that tab. I tried typing in some text, and it appeared to work at first, but then autoit starting find my AUTOIT script editor Window because it found the text that I was looking for. very meta...

Anyhow, it seems to work when I have JUST that code standalone:

Local $winAW = WinWait("[W:506;H:288]", "", 30);
winActivate($winAW);
msgBox('','Found it','Found window!');

It just seems to fail with my larger script:

Ok.... I figured it out.. Sorry guys. The height of the error window is 269 for the SKU in my script. The random sku I picked to get the window size was 288 :P. I didn't think the height of that error window changed. So far width is consistent though so I'll just use that.

Thanks for making me think and double-check everything, appreciate it!

autoit-winwait1.jpg

Edited by feelie75