AutoitC - compile autoit to c++

legend

@legend , where can I download a  gcc 4.7 from ?, found a lot but no gcc.exe inside or anything. =(

You can e.g. download Dev-C++ Portable where gcc.exe is included in MinGW folder.

I totally forgot about this project which was, as far as I can remember, already mentioned some years ago somewhere on this forum.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

@UEZ, thanks for the link.
I found in google what I believe is the original post, but it just stopped in nov. 2013.
Tried the basic "Hello World" MsgBox,
it needs to find libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll to run the build.exe ,
and it does not understand what a @Macro is, and the timeout is "not implemented yet",
so, whomever started this must have found it too difficult, or just plain impractical.
In any case, this is nowhere ready for anything useful that I can think of.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Maybe @trancexx will publicly release her compiler some day... <wishful thinking>

Let's see. If she had a compiler it'd be based in the source code. The code is not open source. She'd have no right to do such thing.
Now if the developers decided to do so, then, I'd be very happy, then again,
as is, AutoIt is faster to write code for and more independent ( as far dependencies ) across every windows version, than anything else I've seen

And this is not example code, should be elsewhere.

What we should do, or wish for, is to learn some C++ :D  

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• 1 year later...

Hi guys does anyone know how this works? 

I found it fantastic amazing. :lmao:

Is there any tutorial on how to use it? Has anyone used it?

Something that AutoIt should have a lot ==> A good compiler that makes Script.au3 in Executable of the Machine Language. 

A language compiled... that is a dream.  :ILA2:

A true Autoit compiler will never happen, this has been discussed many times before.

Autoit is fast enough for most things and there's always FreeBASIC if you need more speed.

Edited by Lakes

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

If it is possible to convert scripts to C ++ language would already be a great achievement because we could use a C ++ compiler and this would increase the security of the executables and also the performance because it would already be in machine language rather than being interpreted scripts!

Has anyone thought about creating this paid compiler instead of free, I would buy it and know that many others here would buy for sure!

Edited by Belini

I don't think the paid business model won't work in this age of open source technology :(. A better way would be to start a Open Source project and collect funds from the public, I am sure that many will be willing to support this cause :). Is it enough motivation for writing a machine code compiler? I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I think if creating a topic to get names of who supports the project and is willing to contribute would already encourage developers to pick it up because I know it is not an easy task and it requires a lot of time and dedication, I support and I am willing to contribute!

Why not just learn C++ and code in it the part that need high performance and supposed to be written in C++ (And it should be easier to write things like this anyway in C++ ) and the other parts that don't need high level of performance such as GUI stuff, Basic calculations, small arrays (up to 500 in size..) - will be done in Autoit ? 

I know why not. Because it is not easy to combine Autoit with C++. two languages do not communicate with each other. and this is why I wrote this library:

So now you can write some parts in Autoit and other in C++ to build the program. this way you also learning C++ and take advantage of the two languages.

About the security issue, if some of your content written in C++, the cracker will have problem .. It is not enough to decompile part of the software so the at the end he is not getting much.. You can write all the "brain" of the software in C++ and all the GUI part in Autoit. this way just the decompiled Autoit code will be more irrelevant/unhelpful for the code steeler. GUI is very easy to code in Autoit so just the GUI part is a good reason why still using Autoit. not to mention the great library and community that I think have exclusive quality and documentation and simple to use.

Edited by Guest

Creating an application that could read any autoit code and convert it into efficient C code would be a mammoth undertaking. Whilst it is relatively easy to convert simple statements that use AutoIts built in functions, handling more complex statements and the UDF libraries would be a nightmare.

The effort required is just not going to be worth anyone's time. I use AutoIt daily in an enterprise environment and have hundreds of scripts ranging from small 10 liners that I use once to do something like update a 1.5TB xml file to 80,000 line scripts that orchestrates a full testing and validation flow line. As others have said the speed of AutoIt in most day to day use cases is not an issue. If speed is an issue then I would write the application directly in C so that I can make full use of the direct control that C give you rather than some inevitably less than optimal automatically generated code.

The main reason I use AutoIt is the speed that I can create an application that does the job require. Usually this is much quicker than I could even just write a detailed requirements document require by our IS department before they will event give a rough quote.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook