Assitance with Scripting a Modem install

Zoz202

Hi All,  

I'm really kind of a newbie at this scripting business.  Don't get me wrong I've scripted tons of installs, etc.  But this one has me rather stumped.  The business has a Cisco Mica modem pool setup and uses DialoutEZ and ProComm to connect to some kind of vendor site.  I have both programs scripted for automated install however one part eludes me and that's figuring out how to script the mica modem to install without interaction.  I've tried the DEVCON.EXE utility and ModemInstaller from Symantec  I'm getting no love.  Right now i'm just running "RUNDLL32 modemui.dll,InvokeControlPanel" but that's manual.  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions i could follow that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• Moderators

Hello, @Zoz202, welcome to the forum. As probably not everyone is going to know what you're seeing on this install, how about detailing the steps you have to take, maybe add screenshots? Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Well essentially it's a pretty straightforward package that i have scripted via batch.

@Echo OFF
%~dp0DialoutEZ\DialOutEZSiteEdition494.exe /q CONFIGSNAPSHOT=%~dp0DialoutEZ\config.cfg LICENSEMG="10.10.10.10"                                                                         copy DialoutEZ\mdcsmica.inf c:\windows\inf
RUNDLL32 modemui.dll,InvokeControlPanel
rem %~dp0DialoutEZ\ModemInstaller.exe "%~dp0DialoutEZ\mdcsmica.inf" "COM2" "mica"
EXIT

i had attempted to use the "ModemInstaller.exe" program (found here: http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/command-line-modem-installer) but it wouldn't for some reason perform the mapping i was needing which was to go to COM2,   With the setup currently as it is the modem dialog will open and i can actually select the Cisco modem because it's right there in the windows dialog instead of browsing to a directory to do it.  It's better but not ideal.  I would eventually like to get this scripted and then packaged up in SCCM hopefully without any additional interaction.