The speed of autoit when recording large amounts of data

Reddit just posted a question regarding the pixels that a users mouse has passed over. https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/3ywil0/i_wonder_if_my_cursor_has_passed_over_every_pixel/  

One of the users mentioned making a program that would record all the pixels and the number of times those pixels were passes over for use in a graph showing the next years pixel frequency. I started thinking about using either an sql database or a text file for the desktop resolution of 1920x1024 and I immediatly think autoit is not fast enough to do this accurately. Would a more powerful programming language like Java or C# or VB.net etc work better for this? Can I somehow speed up autoit?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

• Moderators

Someone already responded with a C# example in that thread. Beyond that, you should know the answer to a question as broad as

Can I somehow speed up autoit?

Edit: I don't know how you could get any more basic than this, but you are going to be limited by the highest speed of MouseMove:

local $iWidth = @DesktopWidth
local $iHeight = @DesktopHeight

For $i = 0 To $iWidth
    For $j = 0 To $iHeight
        MouseMove($i, $j, 1)
    Next
Next

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

DllCall("User32.dll","bool","SetCursorPos","int",$i,"int",$j) will be faster than mousemove.

Saludos