Recommended feature!

Trong

• Developers

The next version will support the Image Search and GUI with HTML5, JavaScript & CSS ?
I had a trial with that AHK and it worked very well without adding dll.

Could you elaborate why this why this would be a good thing considering AutoIt's purpose in life?
.. and mentioning AHK is not the right reason! ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

AHK syntax is very hard on work for me and have many disadvantages.
And it will take more time to get used with the new language.

and :ILA2: I want to it better and best!

@TheDcoder  means GUI can create by HTML and Javascript

Edited by Trong

Regards,

• Developers

.. but, why do you feel this is a benefit to AutoIt3, so not for you but for the purpose of this scripting language?

What is the big use of all of these suggestions?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I simply thought that if AutoIt functions well, the economic benefits may be unclear, but the immediate future there will be many more users.

With the original intention was simply automation of user actions.
AutoIt has established brand and their own place in the ranks of programming languages.

With the advancement of technology, HTML5 are dominating on every platform.

I have no idea anymore.
I do not know how to do it AutoIt.
if not I will still have to make it through the indirect way.

Tôi chỉ nghĩ đơn giản nếu AutoIt nhiều chức năng tốt thì lợi ích về kinh tế có thể chưa rõ ràng nhưng trước mắt sẽ có nhiều người sử dụng hơn.

Với mục đích ban đầu đơn giản chỉ là tự động hóa các thao tác của người dùng.
AutoIt đã tạo dựng được thương hiệu và chỗ đứng của riêng mình trong hàng ngũ ngôn ngữ lập trình.

Với sự tiến bộ của công nghệ, HTML5 đang thống trị trên mọi nền tảng.

tôi không có ý tưởng gì nữa.
tôi không biết làm thế nào để AutoIt làm được nó.
nếu không tôi sẽ vẫn phải thực hiện nó qua các cách gián tiếp.

Regards,

• Developers

I am sorry but am still in state of total confusion as to the purpose of this request and what you are looking for.
So let's take one as an example: What does HTML5 support mean? What would you want AutoIt to do with HTML5?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Trong You don't need to fear that HTML5 will eat everything :lol:, It will *probably* eat its competitors in the web... for example Adobe Flash which IIRC is going down soon... Mozilla did create a OS entirely based on HTML5... But it failed (I mean the experiment), Its discontinued now.

GUIs with HTML5, CSS3 & Javascript(ver. ?) are possible... in the web :)... Not in OS's GUIs :P... If you want to create a GUI in HTML5 for desktop apps that badly, you can use IE UDF to do that...

TD :D

P.S Bạn không cần phải sửa đổi nói tiếng việt chưa được dịch của bạn trong tin nhắn của bạn, chúng tôi không thể đọc được, này sẽ chỉ gánh nặng máy chủ của diễn đàn

P.P.S Sorry if you don't understand the above Vietnamese text, I use google translate :P

P.P.P.S After pasting the foreign text, english text is automatically been written in Italic for some reason :unsure:, I can't get it to normal no matter what :wacko:

P.P.P.P.S OMG, it looks normal when I press submit but its is different while editing :blink:

Edited by TheDcoder
P.P.P.P.S

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Developers

@trong, I know what html5 is so do not need it explained. ;)

You are still failing to explain what you are looking for that AutoIt3 will do in that area. 
The internal GUI support is obviously the Windows GUI with its supported controls at this moment. So your idea is to be able to build GUI's based on HTML5 and be able to read the messages produced by this GUI internally in AutoIt3?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I already use HTML for UI's in AutoIt. Search the forum for embedded IE 11 (or something like that). This allows you to include newer versions of IE and fire precise events from the DOM back to AutoIt, allowing seamless integration. Below is a screenshot from a project I did a while ago but dropped (IDE for Perseus 6). The whole GUI is done by AutoIt, except for the code editor field, which is an embedded, local, HTML page. The framework, the project treeview and toolbar etc. are AutoIt controls used in unusual ways. Why? Because it is something AutoIt is not made for and ultimately can't do: Display large amounts of styles dynamic content. That is what HTML and CSS are for and the possibility to use it is already there - you just have to put some effort into it. Don't expect a programming language to spoonfeed you the right tools ;) .

BTW: The icons used are already on your system. They are defined in the OEM Unicode section of the Windows System font (use charmap to explore): Segoe UI (Light/Symbol/Math). Be sure to experiment with the antialiasing option of GuiCtrlSetFont to get rid of some artifacts.

Project Explorer Closed

andromeda2874b.png

Project Explorer Open

andromeda_dc8b.png

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

And here's the other trick I know: Use 32bit Bitmaps. You probably don't know what they are or that AutoIt supports them, so I give you the TL;DR: 32bit Bitmaps (aka Bitmap 5) are 8bit-transparent .BMP files. That means you can design UI elements as PNGs (with dropshadows and whatnot) and convert them using this utility. You won't be able to display them in the Windows photo viewer etc, but once loaded using GuiCtrlCreatePic, they're displayed with transparency and can be overlayed and handled just like ordinary controls. Furthermore, you can set the drawing z(!) direction using the extended window styles. Also pay attention to the order you create your controls in.

Another tip: No harm is done if you utilize child GUIs to build easily manageable custom controls. You can also access the DeviceContext of every control, especially aforementioned bitmaps to apply other effects using clever blitting algorithms. The Windows MSIMG32.DLL provides some excellent tools for alphablending two or more DCs btw.

Here's another screenshot of another project I did ages ago (for a client), where they gave me an SVG spritesheet of all pre-designed UI elements and I used the tricks mentioned above to put together a small interactive GUI. This shows the project in the early prototype (or proof-of-work) stage. Every element is working and interact-able, but the whole script only uses a couple of AutoIt controls bundled to custom controls using child GUIs.

test1c3aa.png

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

4 hours ago, minxomat said:

I already use HTML for UI's in AutoIt. Search the forum for embedded IE 11 (or something like that). This allows you to include newer versions of IE and fire precise events from the DOM back to AutoIt, allowing seamless integration.

... <zot>...

Hi minxomat, this looks interesting.

I have not found anything to that effect on the forums. (ie <-> autoit seamless integration)
Could you please post a simple example to get the integration of which you speak?

p.s.
I asked something similar in this post, but I did not get a full answer ...

Thanks

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

4 hours ago, minxomat said:

I already use HTML for UI's in AutoIt. ...
... This allows you to include newer versions of IE and fire precise events from the DOM back to AutoIt, allowing seamless integration. ...

Would you share the code to use as an example ? Could not find it in searching this site

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png