How Do You Use Clicking On A Minimized Window

Hello, Im wondering if it is possible to have autoit 3 run a script on a minimized window. For example say that i have a program minimized and i run a script. All i want the script to do is do some clicks in the minimized window, hit a few keys, and detect pixels in that window. Basically do everything that u can do to a unminimized window. Anyways, thanks for reading this and please do respond

I *think* your request is impossible due to the structure of Microsoft Windows.

General Question: What exactly happens when a window is minimized? Is it removed from cached memory / stack / heap / something? The WinXP Task Manager shows a memory decrease in the process list when you minimize a window; but the total commit charge remains the same.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I think the memory that was used to display it is freed (Although not all applications do free memory). I've not read anything on this, however.

I guess if that's true, then in theory, creating a window with a bitmap in it would free more memory than the same window using a jpeg version of the picture. That may be a way to test, as this seems like some obscure erratica 631 levels deep in MSDN...

Or you can do what I've done in the past. There or some things I macro in excel that can take hours or even days to write the data into excel and for obvious reasons I don't want to sit here and let it control my computer. I talkted the boss into getting a copy of VirtualPC and put win98 and office and that's it. Now I can load VirtualPC start the macro and minimize the VirtualPC screen and it still does the work but in the background so I don't see it. It's like working on a seperate machine really.

Just depends on what type of work you need done in the background though I supose.