Navigate folder structure

I don't know how to exactly phrase this question but I'll try my best.

I have a folder named Folder 1, which contains two folders named AA and BB. My app was originally in Folder 1 calling a file in Folder AA. So the call was, @scriptdir\Folder AA. I now moved the app to Folder BB, but it still needs to call the file in Folder AA. How do I easily call for this file now without hard coding an entire file path?

Thanks.

Edited by Champak

Thanks, it worked...somewhat. When I put the path as that, I get an error. It's to an avi file (or at least that one is the one I've noticed the problem with so far). The error shows the file and path is correct (it's compiled) stating (paraphrasing) that the avi is unable to play due to it being corrupted or something and I should try renstalling it. When I change the path to a full path it works. I tried requireAdmin and still have the same issue. When I get home later I'll put the exact error msg, but any ideas?

This is the message I'm getting:

Title-----Bad Image

(full file path) is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator r the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f

This is how I'm calling it.

$GUI_RedLight = GUICreate("Red Light", 285, 40, 165, -427, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW+$WS_EX_TOPMOST)
    GUICtrlCreateAvi("..\AppImages\StopLightVid.avi", 0, 0, 0, 285, 40, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
GUISetState()

Now when I put a full file path it works.

Hi Champak,

Relative locations will not work for what you need it for, is it imperative that you have a flexible folder structuring? what I mean is are you likely to put the whole application on another computer in a folder other than the program files folder (like in someones documents for example) as that would change the folder destination. I might suggest that you have a look at the other folder options. Click here to see the options.

see if any of these will help with what your trying to do. using @MyDocumentsDir for example will give you 'C:\Users\User\Documents' from there you can just add the subfolders

Hope this helps a little.