autoit info tool is not detecting GUI components

There are lots of alternative GUI inspection tools, many of them free. I use Ranorex myself, but that one is now proprietary.

The "AutoIt Window Info" tool generally only detects standard Windows controls implemented with the functions in ComCtl32.dll. These controls have existed since Windows XP. You can find a list of the controls in the Control Library.

Many modern controls including modern MicroSoft controls are not detected by the "AutoIt Window Info" tool. These controls can be detected with Inspect.exe in Windows SDK or the "Simple Spy Tool" in the UI Automation framework.

I have tried it . It is also not detecting .

The VISA application which i am automating is a java (Applet ) application. I have searched for that and got "FEST" but do not know how to get id/class name of GUI component of the VISA application. Is there any spy tool in fest.

Other that FEST any other open source tool to automate applet desktop application?

Please help.

Edited by Akashrai

Thanks for support.

Here it says ctrl+w. After pressing Ctrl+w  it gives me following code -

Mouse position is retrieved 133-54
  JAVA window found <> Java Window Title= Handle=0x00000000002A0740     res: 1
Result getAccessibleContextFromHWND is <> ubound: 4
  We have a VMid 789588 ac 369080852
Call version info: PASSED VMID found : 789588
  VMVersion: <1.8.0_65>
  bridgeJavaClassVersion: <1.8.0_65>
  bridgeJavaDLLVersion: <1.8.0_65>
  bridgeWinDLLVersion: <AccessBridge 2.0.4>
 *** getAccessibleContextAT result is <369081228>
 *** getAccessibleContextAT result is <369081228>
Paste

push button
push button
enabled,focusable,visible,showing
enabled,focusable,visible,showing
End of getAcceccibleContextAt info

How to use above info in my autoit script. By which Detail of button i cab use.

The application on which i am testing is bellow

applet.PNG

Edited by Akashrai

For that you have to read a lot on java accessibility bridge and study source of jaws and other open source implementations of java accessibility bridge. It all starts with building a ui tree and traversing that to get the right item. And if its internally developed explain developers that they have to fill the accessibility properties.

Thanks for reply.

But the application i want to automate is on client side and and we do not know any thing except GUI. In the case it seems impossible by auto it.

I have searched for any other tool/spy(FREE) but did not get much. I went through Fest but do not know how to start. Any way thanks again.        

search harder ;-)

https://github.com/ckundo/nvda/tree/master/source

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/downloads-jsp-138220.html    ferret and monkey

it is possible from AutoIT and the JAB Simplespy shows you the basics

1. Get an element : BOOL GetAccessibleContextAt(long vmID, AccessibleContext acParent, jint x, jint y, AccessibleContext *ac)

2. Get an info reference BOOL GetAccessibleContextInfo(long vmID, AccessibleContext ac, AccessibleContextInfo *info);

3. Get the text by using the reference you get in step 2 BOOL GetAccessibleTextInfo(long vmID, AccessibleText at, AccessibleTextInfo *textInfo, jint x, jint y);

I searched a little further and played with JABSimpleSpy

Its all working with demo's as can be found in JDK ..\jdk-8u25-windows-i586-demos\jdk1.8.0_25\demo\jfc\SwingSet2

And as you have shown you get with JABSimpleSpy the text of your button the concept fully works

Combined with this where we iterate the tree from top to bottom

another AWT monitor found using same Java Access Bridge

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/j2se/javase/technologies/accessibility/docs/jaccess-1.3/doc/AWTMonitor.html