Install automate

Hello everyone i need help trying to automate file installation. I'm having issues clicking accept button. I tried with a software called Silent Install Builder and it does it with no problem, but autoit i can't =(. I also notice CLASS:#32770 is used by mutiple apps on windows ..

This is all the info. 

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:     
Class:    #32770
Position:    862, 285
Size:    596, 422
Style:    0x94C800CC
ExStyle:    0x00010109
Handle:    0x0000000000340252

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:    Internet Explorer_Server
Instance:    1
ClassnameNN:    Internet Explorer_Server1
Name:    
Advanced (Class):    [CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]
ID:    
Text:    
Position:    0, 0
Size:    590, 395
ControlClick Coords:    526, 371
Style:    0x56000000
ExStyle:    0x00000000
Handle:    0x00000000002604DC

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:    1391, 682
Cursor ID:    0
Color:    0xECECEC

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

;What i have tried (window is open)

ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{ENTER}")
ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", "{ENTER}")
ControlClick("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "left", 1, 544, 400) ;using client coords
ControlClick("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", "left", 1, 544, 400) ;using client coords
Send("{ENTER}")

;All has failed

Am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Progh0st

I don't know what software you're trying to install but most (if not all) software has some unattended parameter you can send it when running it. Mozilla Firefox for example.

Silent Install Builder is probably sending the parameter to the exe when installing the software you dictate.

How can i find that parameter using autoit like Silent Install Builder does. Silent Install Builder can automate basically anything.

Edited by Progh0st

You would have to find out the parameter to pass the install file yourself, unless someone here would know the software and its parameter already. But really this isn't an autoit thing, you can just run the exe in cmd and the parameter, you can do the same thing in a batch file or just run the installer + parameter in cmd manually.

Some install software doesn't support command arguments for unattended/silent install, in which case you would have to use a script to go through the manual install without you doing anything.

Try to find the unattended/silent install parameter first, if it's not available control send and control click is the next step.

You would have to find out the parameter to pass the install file yourself, unless someone here would know the software and its parameter already. But really this isn't an autoit thing, you can just run the exe in cmd and the parameter, you can do the same thing in a batch file or just run the installer + parameter in cmd manually.

Some install software doesn't support command arguments for unattended/silent install, in which case you would have to use a script to go through the manual install without you doing anything.

Try to find the unattended/silent install parameter first, if it's not available control send and control click is the next step.

I tried what you said, .exe is type NSIS so i ran a batch file to install silent mode. The .exe open but didn't install, i guess this method won't work.

What exactly is the software you're installing? I don't know what NSIS is but when I googled NSIS silent install and this was in the results

Its just a MediaPlayer (VLC) installer (online).

The Nullsoft Installer (NSIS) is just a type of installation, like Windows Installer (MSI) and InstallShield. You run a batch file and install unattended with command lines, but unfortunately this method doesn't work for me.

Edited by Progh0st

The following has the command line to do an unattended install of VLC.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Installing_VLC/#Alternative

If you are using a valid VLC installation from videolan.org, then this should work.  If not, then we can look further into how AutoIt (un)friendly the installer is.

----------

I downloaded and installed VLC 2.2.1.  I did not see the

[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]

that you were getting.  Are you perhaps trying to install this to a remote system through a webtop client?  You will probably have lots of problems if this is a webtop client.

Edited by willichan
Additional information

The following has the command line to do an unattended install of VLC.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Installing_VLC/#Alternative

If you are using a valid VLC installation from videolan.org, then this should work.  If not, then we can look further into how AutoIt (un)friendly the installer is.

----------

I downloaded and installed VLC 2.2.1.  I did not see the

[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]

that you were getting.  Are you perhaps trying to install this to a remote system through a webtop client?  You will probably have lots of problems if this is a webtop client.

I think this is a webtop client. I am 95% sure =(

I'm not using the official installer, i have a custom installer from a website that gives you more options to install, not only limited to VLC

Edited by Progh0st

You will probably need to become very familiar with the ie.au3 UDF (comes with AutoIt) then, since what you are really automating is an IE window.

You will probably need to become very familiar with the ie.au3 UDF (comes with AutoIt) then, since what you are really automating is an IE window.

Il try that :shifty:

Edit: Well this didn't work

$WinHandle = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770]", "")
$oIE = _IEAttach($WinHandle)

Edited by Progh0st

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

@Hevener Did you notice that A: the poster states in the last post what the resolution was, and B: this thread is over 3 years old? AutoIt has changed a lot since then; what worked in 2016 may not work the same now. If you have a question, you are better suited creating a new thread and explaining your problem. See the link in my signature for what information we need from you in order to answer your question.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!