Any Way to Control the Windows 10 Start Menu?

Xichael

There don't seem to be any controls on the new start menu. Is it completely out of AutoIt's reach?

My goal was to try and WinMove it to the left to hide the left column and only have the tiles accessible, but AutoIt doesn't seem to be able to detect the start menu at all.

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    If WinExists("[CLASS:Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow]") Then
        MsgBox(1,"","Start Menu")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

Edited by Xichael

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    If WinExists("[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]") Then
        MsgBox(1,"","Start Menu")
        ControlClick("[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]", "", "[CLASS:Start; INSTANCE:1]")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

edit: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-make-windows-10-start-menu-smaller-or-larger/

Although my answers below I just think its not possible without doing above

On my windows 10 desktop it works perfectly. I can recognize with AU3Inf, Simplespy and inspect tool the start button

I do not see anyware in spying this 

[CLASS:Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow]

so probably some miscommunication in which mode you are running W10

Example 3 from IUIAutomation thread in examples section perfectly works under windows 10 so AutoIT can deal with the START button.

Edited by junkew

Seems to be a "weird" constructed menu popping up and seems to be transarent as size of desktop.

I now understand better what you asked

1. Click on the start button

2. Then the menu pops up with 2 parts on the right "normal" items and on the left the tiles. 

3. You want to move away the left part, the left part is not an own class/area as far as i can see with tools like inspect.exe

The tile part seems to be a normal list but the left part of the menu seems to be floating items of the desktop. Weird windows hierarchy

Having the following values for all properties: 
Title is: <Alle apps>   Class   := <ListView>   controltype:= <UIA_ListControlTypeId>   ,<50008>    , (0000C358)    0;458;236;582
*** Parent Information top down ***
2: Title is: <Bureaublad>   Class   := <#32769> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    0;0;1920;1080
Title:=Bureaublad;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=#32769  
1: Title is: <Start>    Class   := <Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow> controltype:= <UIA_WindowControlTypeId> ,<50032>    , (0000C370)    0;458;564;582
Title:=Start;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow 
0: Title is: <> Class   := <SemanticZoom>   controltype:= <UIA_SemanticZoomControlTypeId>   ,<50039>    , (0000C377)    0;458;347;582
Title:=;controltype:=UIA_SemanticZoomControlTypeId;class:=SemanticZoom

• 2 years later...