I was just going to make a GUI for the creation of a Youtube Channel, but I can't figure out how to select an Item from the Dropdownlist on this page: 

https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?action_create_new_channel_redirect=1

I think you have to be logged in with a Google Account, this is the important part (I think it is) from the Code:

<span  id="PlusPageCategoryHolder" >
  <select id="PlusPageCategory" name="PlusPageCategory">
  <option  value="" >Kategorie auswählen</option>
  <option  value="BRAND" >Produkt oder Marke</option>
  <option  value="COMPANY" >Unternehmen, Einrichtung oder Organisation</option>
  <option  value="ENTERTAINMENT" >Kunst, Sport oder Unterhaltung</option>
  <option  value="OTHER" >Sonstiges</option>
  </select>
  </span>

EDIT: I just noticed if I select ENTERTAINMENT Option (= "Kunst, Sport ...") the HiddenPlusPageCategory seems to look like that:

<input value="ENTERTAINMENT" id="HiddenPlusPageCategory" name="PlusPageCategory" type="hidden">

But I can't change it like this:

$oIE = _IECreate("https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?action_create_new_channel_redirect=1", 0, 1, 1, 0)
    $oDropDown = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "HiddenPlusPageCategory")
        _IEFormElementSetValue($oDropDown, "ENTERTAINMENT")

Edited by WannaBeGut

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By genius257
      I've made a library, based on AutoItObject UDF with the goal of implementing getter and setter functionality and make it possible to define new object properties in as few steps as possible.
      Thank you to @trancexx for getting me on the right track, and all users in Hooking into the IDispatch interface for the code to get me going.
      If I've forgotten to add credit, please let me know
      Example:
      #include "AutoItObject_Internal.au3" $myCar = IDispatch() $myCar.make = 'Ford' $myCar.model = 'Mustang' $myCar.year = 1969 $myCar.__defineGetter('DisplayCar', DisplayCar) Func DisplayCar($oThis) Return 'A Beautiful ' & $oThis.parent.year & ' ' & $oThis.parent.make & ' ' & $oThis.parent.model EndFunc MsgBox(0, "", $myCar.DisplayCar) More examples: https://github.com/genius257/AutoItObject-Internal/tree/master/Examples
      Version: 4.0.1
      AutoItObject_Internal.au3
      Documentation
      Edit2 (19th March 2017):
      First of all, sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I always start too many projects and end up ignoring old projects, if I run into problems ^^'.
      So I've started moving my AutoIt scripts to GitHub. I will still post the most recent script version here.
    • By sylremo
      I tried to implement the code in this topic:
      Firstly, i have no idea how these lines of code work but meanwhile i noticed that:
      ; Everytime autoit wants to call a method, get or set a property in a object it needs to go to ; IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames. This is our version of that function, note that by defining this ourselves ; we can fool autoit to believe that the object supports a lot of different properties/methods. Func __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames($pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId) ... EndFunc The problem is i ran into is that some object calls didn't go through IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames.
      Here is the code to replicate what i'm mentioning:
      I followed the example in the topic and tried to do the same thing with method .Documents (line 193) and .Open (line 194) but didn't get the same result because .Documents was being passed through __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames while .Open didn't.
      $Au3_CallByName = 'Documents' Local $oDoc = $oAppl.Au3_CallByName $Au3_CallByName = 'Open' $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) Console outputs:
      ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) $oDoc = $oDoc^ ERROR Is there any workarounds to solve this?

Thank you!
    • By Sachs
      I have a few questions:
      BACKGROUND
      I am using Oracle Application Testing Suite's OpenScript 13 (Eclipse IDE), Oracle Java 6, and AutoIt.
      My goal is to access a given Internet Explorer browser window (`$ieTitle`), send the keystroke of "shift-control-s" for "Save As" functionality to be invoked, so that I can download a (PDF) file to a given location ($fileName).
      The code within the script `DownloadPdfFile.au3` is
      $ieTitle = $CmdLine[1] $ieControl = "AVL_AVView31" $fileName = $CmdLine[2] ControlFocus($ieTitle, "", $ieControl) ControlSend($ieTitle, "", $ieControl, "+^s") ; Save as dialog $winTitle = "Save As" ; wait for Save As window WinWait($winTitle) ; activate Save As window If Not WinActive($winTitle) Then WinActivate($winTitle) ControlFocus($winTitle,"","Edit1") ControlSetText($winTitle,"","Edit1",$fileName) Sleep(2000) ControlClick($winTitle,"","Button3") Exit 0 So I compiled it with SciTE-Lite (32-bit Version 4.4.6 , creating `DownloadPdfFile.exe`, and so within my Java code, I have
      String command = autoItExePath + " " + scriptPath + " \"" + winTitle + "\" " + directoryPath.toFile().toString() + "\\Form9Report" + sdf_ddmmmyyyy.format(new Date()) + ".pdf"; try { Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command); process.waitFor(); } catch (Exception e) { logger.error("Exception " + e.getMessage(), e); } The output would be like `C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe C:\...\AutoItScripts\DownloadPdfFile.au3 "https://****.com/****.exe?temp_id=**** - Internet Explorer" C:\...\Report05Apr2022.pdf"` which does run without the $cmdLine successfully. 
      When executed by Java, I see in the taskbar an icon, which I right-click has "[Check] Script Paused" and "Exit".
      Questions:
      (1) How do I unpause the script?
      (2) How do I avoid having the script paused?
      Any help is appreciated.
    • By Steviep
      Hi all,
      I've been using the following code for many years for the sole purpose of tracking my app usage via Google Analytics:
      ;GOOGLE ANALYTICS $AppStatsName = @ScriptName $GA = _IECreate("https://mywebserver/apps/stats/" & $AppStatsName & ".html", 0, 0, 0, 0) The app simply calls a blank .html page on my webserver which only contains the GA tracking code.
      The $iVisible parameter is set to "0" in my case, which means the IE browser is invisible to the user.
      I noticed in Windows 11, the URL is called in the Edge browser and is not invisible.
      So, I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions on calling a URL invisibly on any operating system?
      Thanks!
    • By ute_man
      Hi Forum,
      I am struggling to select an IP address from "Server Interface" dropdown (ComboBox2) of tftpd32 client.
      tftpd32 is a TFTP server - TFTPD32 : an opensource IPv6 ready TFTP server/service for windows : TFTP server (pagesperso-orange.fr)
      The IP addresses (and the associated interfaces) are dynamic in ComboBox2.
      What I want to do is to select an item from ComboBox2 which contains a given IP address (eg. 192.168.2.1) - (which is hidden in the picture as it is at the bottom of the list) and fill the edit field with the selection. (Note : the ComboBox items contain the IP address and the Interface name, therefore IP address is just a part of the item)
      I am not sure whether functions such as _GUICtrlComboBox_SelectString() are only to be used with Autoit generated ComboBoxes.
      Please help !!!!
      My code below, it does not select the ComboBox2 item with my IP address 192.168.2.1.
      Local $hWnd=ControlGetHandle("Tftpd32 by Ph. Jounin", "", 4008) Sleep(100) ControlFocus("Tftpd32 by Ph. Jounin", "", $hWnd) Sleep(100) Local $IP = "192.168.2.1" _GUICtrlComboBox_SelectString($HWnd, $IP) ComboBox2 ID = 4008