Dll call help

Champak

@J1 : I'm not clever with Dllcall and variables types, maybe you can confirm that : if I understand the helpfile, BYTE and BOOLEAN are both "an unsigned 8 bit integer", so it should work with both in the DllCall, no ?

Yes.

Thanks RTFC, I just see that in the helpfile. I have never seen that there is BOOL and BOOLEAN, I thought it was the same thing...

Edit : thanks Dany !

Edited by jguinch

what made you look in this version as opposed to just relying on the vb version which is more closely related to autoit.

I don't know anything about VB, but I know a little about C/++, plus dllcall is based on C/++ language and its types.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks RTFC, I just see that in the helpfile. I have never seen that there is BOOL and BOOLEAN, I thought it was the same thing...

You're welcome, jguinch. See here for some background, for example. It's one of those nasty gotchas that trips many people up first time (me included). A dll may return AL (least significant byte of EAX) or the entire 32-bits (in 32-bit architectures). If you're testing for EAX=0 or 1, and the MSB part is non-zero and only the LSB is updated, you're bound to get confusing errors.