Put .exe window to foreground if

I want to check if the cmd.exe + window of it is running, if it is running I want to put the window to the foreground, but somehow this does not work:

Local $sCommandlinePath = "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe"

RunCm()

Func RunCm()

If FileExists($sCommandlinePath) Then
                If ProcessExists("cmd.exe") Then
                    If WinExists("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") And WinActive("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") Then
                        Local $hCmdWindow = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]")
                        WinSetOnTop($hCmdWindow, "", $WINDOWS_ONTOP)
                    EndIf
                Else
                    Local $iCmMax = Run($sCommandlinePath, "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
                EndIf
            EndIf

EndFunc

I started the command line and put another window above it then I started my script and it did not put the command line window to the foreground.

Edited by NiceBoy1234

I do not understand what you are trying to explaining.

You're only calling WinSetOnTop if the window Exists AND the window is already active.

HotKeySet("{F1}", "RunCm")
HotKeySet("{Esc}", "Close")

While (True)
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func RunCm()
            If WinExists("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") and WinActive("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") Then
                MsgBox("", "", "WinSetOnTop " & (WinSetOnTop("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]", "", 1) = True ? "Succeeded!" : "Failed"))
            Else
                MsgBox("", "", "Cmd.exe does not exist OR Cmd.exe is not already active" & @CRLF & "WinExists: " & WinExists("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") & @CRLF & "WinActive:" & WinActive("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]"))
            EndIf
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>RunCm

Func Close()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Sometimes some debugging code helps. I put the return for WinSetOnTop in a message box, if it's True (1) Then it succeeded, otherwise it failed. Also put in an else statement for the If WinExists...WinActive Then to put in a debugging message letting you know why it failed.

Edited by InunoTaishou

Ok I changed it to this now:

HotKeySet("{F1}", "RunCm")
HotKeySet("{Esc}", "Close")

While (True)
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func RunCm()
            If WinExists("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") Then
               WinSetOnTop("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]", "", 1)
               MsgBox("", "", "WinSetOnTop " & (WinSetOnTop("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]", "", 1) = True ? "Succeeded!" : "Failed"))
            Else
               MsgBox("", "", "Cmd.exe does not exist OR Cmd.exe is not already active" & @CRLF & "WinExists: " & WinExists("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") & @CRLF & "WinActive:" & WinActive("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]"))
            EndIf
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>RunCm

Func Close()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

And works.

Edited by NiceBoy1234

I apologize, I misunderstood. Looking back at your first post you said you wanted it in the foreground. Maybe you didn't mean WinSetonTop? WinSetOnTop just sets the Window to have the TOPMOST status, so it's always on top.

If you want it to have the topmost status then it worked for me if I had cmd active when I pressed the hotkey. If you just want to bring it to the foreground try

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetForegroundWindow", "hwnd", WinGetHandle("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]"))

Or you could use this to bring it to the foreground and it will activate the window

WinActivate("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]")
Edited by InunoTaishou