GUIListViewEx Integration

@Melba23:

Your GUIListViewEx UDF seems to be exactly what I was looking for my project (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/179983-project-management-for-bakery/), but I am not quite sure if it is saveable/loadable to a file including formatting (bold/italic) and colors (textcolor/backgroundcolor). Can you help me?

Edited by Melba23
Split from GUIListViewEx thread

• Moderators

error471,

The UDF can save/load an array to/from a file with ease, but there is no UDF provision for styling or formatting the ListView content.  However, your question makes it sound as if you want separate styling/colours for different subitems within the ListView - doing so requires a considerable amount of code but would also need separate arrays to hold the required colour data, which could themselves be saved/loaded along with the text content. So the answer is "Perhaps"!

Can you give me a more detailed explanation of what you are looking to achieve? The image in this post gives you an idea of what might be possible - does that look as if it could be something worth pursuing? If so, then we might break out into a new thread as the UDF will only be a small part of the overall script.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

error471,

As I explained above, I will not be adding such functionality to the UDF itself (it is already complex enough) but I believe it will be possible to use it along with some custom code to let you produce something along the lines of the above. I will start looking into how it might be done tomorrow.

And as mentioned I will split off these posts into a separate thread as they will not be concerned with the UDF proper, so do not be surprised if this thread suddenly appears a little empty!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

error471,

A little proof of concept script - you can edit (doubleclick) and colour (rightclick) columns 1-5:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>

#include"GUIListViewEx.au3"

Global $aColArray, $iLVRtRow, $iLVRtCol

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("Fixed Title|Column 1|Column 2|Column 3|Column 4|Column 5", 10, 10, 480, 300, $LVS_SINGLESEL)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 0, 100)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 1, 70)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 2, 70)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 3, 70)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 4, 70)

; Create array and fill listview
Global $aLVArray[5]
For $i = 0 To 4
    $aLVArray[$i] = StringUpper(StringRegExpReplace(_TempFile("", "", "", 7), "(?U)^.*\\(\w*)\.$", "$1"))
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aLVArray[$i], $cLV)
Next

; Initiate ListView - edit on click in columns 1-5
$iLVIndex = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV, $aLVArray, 0, 0, True, 2 + 16, "1-5")

$mColMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($cLV)

$mColYel = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Yellow Text", $mColMenu)
$mColOra = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Orange Text", $mColMenu)
$mColGry = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Grey Text", $mColMenu)
$mColBlk = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Black Field", $mColMenu)
$mColRed = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Red Field", $mColMenu)
$mColGrn = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Green Field", $mColMenu)

GUISetState()

_InitColor($cLV)

_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(False)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY")

While 1

$iMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $iMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $mColYel To $mColGrn
            _SetColour($iMsg)
    EndSwitch

$aRet = _GUIListViewEx_EditOnClick()

WEnd

Func _InitColor($cLV)

; Read content into an array
    $aColArray = _GUIListViewEx_ReadToArray($cLV)
    ; Clear all elements except col 0
    For $i = 0 To  UBound($aColArray, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
        For $j = 1 To  UBound($aColArray, $UBOUND_COLUMNS) - 1
            ; No entry = default colours
            $aColArray[$i][$j] = "|"
        Next
    Next

EndFunc

Func _SetColour($iSel)

If $iLVRtRow <> -1 And $iLVRtCol > 0 Then
        $sColSet = ""
        Switch $iSel
            Case $mColYel
                $sColSet = "0x80FFFF|" ; Note BGR not RGB
            Case $mColOra
                $sColSet = "0x0080FF|"
            Case $mColGry
                $sColSet = "0xC0C0C0|"
            Case $mColBlk
                $sColSet = "|0x000000"
            Case $mColRed
                $sColSet = "|0x0000FF"
            Case $mColGrn
                $sColSet = "|0x00FF00"
        EndSwitch
    EndIf

; Current colour
    $aCurrSplit = StringSplit($aColArray[$iLVRtRow][$iLVRtCol], "|")
    $aNewSplit = StringSplit($sColSet, "|")
    For $i = 1 To 2
        If $aNewSplit[$i] Then
            $aCurrSplit[$i] = $aNewSplit[$i]
        EndIf
    Next
    $aColArray[$iLVRtRow][$iLVRtCol] = $aCurrSplit[1] & "|" & $aCurrSplit[2]

EndFunc

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

_GUIListViewEx_WM_NOTIFY_Handler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

; Struct = $tagNMHDR and "int Item;int SubItem" from $tagNMLISTVIEW
    Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("hwnd;uint_ptr;int_ptr;int;int", $lParam)

Local $iCode = BitAND(DllStructGetData($tStruct, 3), 0xFFFFFFFF)
    Switch $iCode

Case $NM_RCLICK
            ; Get position of right click
            $iLVRtRow = DllStructGetData($tStruct, 4)
            $iLVRtCol = DllStructGetData($tStruct, 5)

Case $NM_CUSTOMDRAW
            Local $tNMLVCUSTOMDRAW = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, $lParam)
            Local $dwDrawStage = DllStructGetData($tNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, "dwDrawStage")
            Switch $dwDrawStage ; Holds a value that specifies the drawing stage
                Case $CDDS_PREPAINT
                    ; Before the paint cycle begins
                    Return $CDRF_NOTIFYITEMDRAW ; Notify the parent window of any item-related drawing operations
                Case $CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT
                    ; Before painting an item
                    Return $CDRF_NOTIFYSUBITEMDRAW ; Notify the parent window of any subitem-related drawing operations
                Case BitOR($CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT, $CDDS_SUBITEM)
                    ; Before painting a subitem
                    Local $iItem = DllStructGetData($tNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, "dwItemSpec") ; Item index
                    Local $iSubItem = DllStructGetData($tNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, "iSubItem") ; Subitem index
                    If $iSubItem > 0 Then
                        ; Set default colours
                        $iTextColour = 0x000000
                        $iBackColour = 0xFEFEFE
                        ; Get required colours
                        $aSplitColour = StringSplit($aColArray[$iItem][$iSubItem], "|")
                        If $aSplitColour[1] Then $iTextColour = $aSplitColour[1]
                        If $aSplitColour[2] Then $iBackColour = $aSplitColour[2]
                        ; Set required colours
                        DllStructSetData($tNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, "ClrText", $iTextColour)
                        DllStructSetData($tNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, "ClrTextBk", $iBackColour)
                    EndIf
                    Return $CDRF_NEWFONT ; $CDRF_NEWFONT must be returned after changing font or colors
            EndSwitch

EndSwitch

EndFunc

Now to get it all working when the ListView content changes!

M23

Edited by Melba23
Typo

Spoiler

• Moderators

error471,

And now I have one that does work when adding/deleting rows - you will need to use the amended UDF this time:

<snip>

There is some ghosting when dragging items, but other than that it seems pretty stable. How does it look to you?

As it was so easy to do, I am now off to see if I can integrate all that into the UDF itself without causing a major rewrite - but no promises.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

• Moderators

error471,

Way ahead of you.  A rainy afternoon has seen lots of progress:

<snip>

I am working on the colour loading now. I think I might even be able to integrate the "user colour" option completely into the UDF - just be patient for a while and see what happens.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

• Moderators

error471,

And here is the  script with colour loading incorporated:

<snip>

You can get the colour array returned (press the "Colour" button) so that you can save it and reload when required.

I think that is all for today - time for dinner and then the grand final of Only Connect. I will get back to the code after my round of golf tomorrow morning.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

@Melba23

Nice.
I notice one issue

When I try to drag coloured item (moving item with mouse usage), then the colors is not moved together with this selected item. 

@error471

How did you made this "bending header" ?

As I trying understand "mockup of what I am trying to achieve" means an example made with "MSPaint" ? Or you know a way to made it in AutoIt ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Moderators

mLipok,

As I mentioned above

10 hours ago, Melba23 said:

There is some ghosting when dragging items

However, it seems to correct itself once the dragging stops. A similar problem exists when dragging multiple items.  I have always attributed the effect to the limitations of coding something that complex in AutoIt - which sounds better than saying that I have no idea why it happens!

M23

As

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

As I mentioned above

There is some ghosting when dragging items

So I did not understand you well.
Sorry for my lack of language knowledge.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Moderators

mLipok.

No problem - and your English is fine, much better then my Polish!

Dobranoc,

M23

Spoiler

Thank you for the compliment.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

error471,

I have managed (I think!) to integrate the user colour management into the main UDF - and without causing it to crash too often. Here are the test files I have been using:

<snip>

Please test the script as much as possible to see if you can crash it - please note what operations you carried out if it does fail. The only problem I have discovered so far is a reluctance of the ListViews to recolour immediately - I am still working on that.

Anyone else reading, please also try the script and post comments - the more testers the merrier.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Removed Beta code

Spoiler

@Melba23

Thanks for your efforts dude. I can't start Colour ListView Min.au3 because of this error:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\GUIListViewEx_Colour_Max.au3" (2036) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
If StringInStr(($aGLVEx_Data[0][13])[$iItem + 1][$iSubItem], ";") Then
If StringInStr(($aGLVEx_Data[0][13]^ ERROR
->20:43:03 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1

• Moderators

error471,

I have re-uploaded the files - please try again as they work for me.

M23

Spoiler

Works fine in general, no crashes. But I found a weird behaviour: Whenever I select+drag a line from the left ListView and drop it to the right one all coloured row's of the original ListView are move too. Dragging and dropping within the same ListView works fine. What I also discovered is, that after clicking around for a while, some fields get a colour without my intervention.

• Moderators

error471,

In fact the colours are being transferred correctly - the problem appears to be getting the ListViews to redraw correctly after the operation so that the new colours show. That is today's task!

M23

Spoiler