GUIListViewEx Integration

@Melba23:

Hmm, found an error while implementing to my project. If I load a file which has columns added with the new function, it crashes:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\GUIListViewEx_Colour_Col.au3" (2587) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
If StringInStr(($aGLVEx_Data[0][13])[$iItem + 1][$iSubItem], ";") Then
If StringInStr(($aGLVEx_Data[0][13]^ ERROR

• Moderators

AutoBert,

The syntax is fine - when you access an element in an array which is inside another array you need to contain the base array in parentheses:

If StringInStr(  ($aGLVEx_Data[0][13]) [$iItem + 1][$iSubItem] , ";") Then
;                 Base array inside    indices of element        Second param
;                  another array

error471,

I can reproduce the crash - looking into it.

M23

Edit: I know the proximate cause of the crash - now to find out why the error occurs in the first place.

Edit 2: Found it - stupid error while polishing code. I will fix it after dinner.

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

some other error :

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Colour ListView Col.au3" /UserParams    
+>20:02:34 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.920.938.4 SciTE v.3.6.2.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0415)  CodePage:65001  utf8.auto.check:4    # detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.15.1)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\user\Downloads\Colour ListView Col.au3
+>20:02:34 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Colour ListView Col.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+F11 to Restart or Ctrl+Break -or- F11 to Stop
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3" (437) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
$aArray[$vRange[$i]][0] = ChrW(0xFAB1)
^ ERROR

->20:04:46 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
+>20:04:46 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 133.2

HOWTO:

Click SAVE
Click LOAD
Click HeaderCol=0 in RightLV
6*Click "Delete Col"

btw.

Very nice project and progress :)

.... as always from @Melba23 

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

M23,

Thank you, I've always stayed away from arrays within an array because I didn't know they could be accessed directly...

#include <array.au3>

local $at1[3]
local $ai1 = [01,02,03]
local $ai2 = [11,12,13]
local $ai3 = [21,22,23]

$at1[0] = $ai1
$at1[1] = $ai2
$at1[2] = $ai3

for $i = 0 to ubound($at1) - 1
    ConsoleWrite('! Array at offset = ' & $i & @CRLF)
    for $j = 0 to ubound( ($at1[$i]) ) - 1
        ConsoleWrite( ($at1[$i])[$j] & @CRLF)
    Next
next

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

• Moderators

error471 & mLipok,

I think I have fixed both of those bugs - try this:

Any more reports will have to wait until I find time - I am off flying tomorrow!

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I confirm "my bug" as fixed.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

On 25.1.2016 at 8:11 PM, Melba23 said:

" editable column headers "

Go and read the function header for _GUIListViewEx_Init - that functionality is already incorporated in the UDF.

I confirm too, works now. One last question about _GUIListViewEx_Init. I looked at the description it says  "+ 8   - Headers editable by Ctrl-click (only if ListView editable)".

I am initializing with this line:

$iLVIndex_1 = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV_1, $aLVArray_1, 1, 0, True, 2 + 8 + 16 + 32, "*")

But the column headers are not editable though.

In case you are not online anymore: Have a nice journey.

I hope @Melba23 will be back online as soon as possible .

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

error471,

I was not going on a journey.  One of my other hobbies is teaching young people how to fly - I had three of them today and I am now passably tired after spending all day briefing, flying and debriefing. But now I have a nice glass of red wine to hand and can return to my "bad-weather" hobby of AutoIt.

When I initialise the ListView I can certainly edit the headers - are you using Ctrl-Click (that is the Ctrl key pressed while left-clicking on the header with the mouse)?

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

error471,

No problem - it is a complex UDF and needs a bit of careful reading to get the best out of it. Please keep testing the code I posted - I am doing the same when I have the time (I have a round of golf booked for tomorrow morning!) - and let me know if you find anything else.

M23

Spoiler

@Melba23:

I tested your code with more than 300 columns and random data, save/load: I had no crash. Does your script have an artificial or natural limit (integer etc.)?

Actually I am working on a function that duplicates the last -for example- 7 cells of a specific row or an entire column at the right end of the ListView. This function ist intended to simplify or obsolete the manual input for intervals that repeat over and over, which I will have in my project.

Edited by error471

• Moderators

error471,

The only limitations should be those imposed by the Windows ListView control itself (alas notoriously flaky), the normal AutoIt limits of array size, and the memory limitations of the machine on which it is being run. And in my experience, the larger the ListView content, the more likely you are to run into problems.

I followed the discussion in your earlier thread and while I appreciate the push you gave me to improve the UDF,  I must say I agree with those who suggested that a database of some sort was the way to go with your project.  I will of course continue to provide support as far as I can in making the UDF work correctly, but I am far from convinced that a pure AutoIt solution is the best manner to approach this. However, I would be very happy to be proved wrong, so please accept my best wishes: Good luck!

M23

Spoiler

Case $cGo
            ; Get colour array
            $aColArray = _GUIListViewEx_ReturnArray($iLVIndex_1, 2)
            ; Loop through array
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aColArray) - 1
                $sItems = "Row " & $i & " = "
                For $j = 1 To UBound($aColArray, 2) - 1
                    ; Is this cell yellow text on red field?
                    If $aColArray[$i][$j] = "0xFFFF00;0xFF0000" Then
                        $sItems &= $aLVArray_1[$i+1][$j] & "+"
                    EndIf
                Next
                ConsoleWrite(StringTrimRight($sItems, 1) & @CRLF)

I tried to implement the upper part into my code, but it crashes. I am not quite sure, but I think $aColArray is not correctly read in my case. If there is no item as searched in the ListView it does not crash (and also not find the content). If it should find the searched cells, it crashes. Can you give me a notice?

• Moderators

error471,

That code works when I run it on some of my data - please save the ListView when filled with the data you are using and post the file so we are working on the same content. I would also like to see the GUICtrlCreateListView & _GUIListViewEx_Init lines you are using to create the ListView in the first place.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

error471,

I have no problem with that file at all - as long as I read the data at the same time I read the colours:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

#include "GUIListViewEx_Colour_Col.au3"

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 1000, 500)

$cLV_1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 10, 480, 300, $LVS_SINGLESEL)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($cLV_1, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)

; Initiate ListView
$iLVIndex_1 = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV_1, "", 1, 0, True, 2 + 16 + 32) ; Empty ListView so no array passed

; Create buttons
$cGo = GUICtrlCreateButton("Go!", 10, 450, 80, 30)

_GUIListViewEx_LoadListView($iLVIndex_1, "colors.lvs")
ConsoleWrite(@error & @CRLF)

_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister()

GUISetState()

While 1

$iMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $iMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Case $cGo
            ; Get data array
            $aLVArray =  _GUIListViewEx_ReturnArray($iLVIndex_1
            ; Get colour array
            $aColArray = _GUIListViewEx_ReturnArray($iLVIndex_1, 2)
            ; Loop through array
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aColArray) - 1
                $sItems = "Row " & $i & " = "
                For $j = 1 To UBound($aColArray, 2) - 1
                    ; Is this cell yellow text on red field?
                    If $aColArray[$i][$j] = "0xFF0000;0xFFFF00" Then
                        ; Read equivalent element from the data array
                        $sItems &= $aLVArray[$i+1][$j] & "+"
                    EndIf
                Next
                ConsoleWrite(StringTrimRight($sItems, 1) & @CRLF)
            Next
    EndSwitch

; Allow edit on double click
    $aRet = _GUIListViewEx_EditOnClick()

WEnd

And I get:

Row 0 =
Row 1 =
Row 2 = SubItem 2-2
Row 3 =
Row 4 =

which matches the colours.

You need to make sure that the 2 arrays match - had you amended the original content?

M23

Spoiler