Slow download speed

Renderer

Hey guys! I got a little problem with my internet download speed.I use a LAN connection ,and a few days ago my download speed has suddenly decreased from ~500 kb/s to 50 kb/s. Initially i thought it was a technical issue of the ISP but this issue persists.My internet connection is good,but i still try to figure it out how to solve this issue. I searched google for potential help,but i did not find anything that could help me.So i got to ask you for some advices.

If anyone here has any idea about this problem,please,share it on the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Is this a issue not related to AutoIt?... If so, please check if you have ran out of your FUP :)

Edited by Unable_to_find_username

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Moderators

@Unable_to_find_username, this sub forum is dedicated to issues with the Windows client. It doesn't need to be specifically related to AutoIt in order for someone to ask.

@Renderer Have you actually contacted your ISP to see what they have to say? That would be my first stop, confirmation from them that nothing has changed. Then you can begin working your way back from ISP to router to PC to determine the problem.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13 I am aware of that, I was just conforming... Many users tend to mistake these forums for support forums (for AutoIt), Something like issues with IE UDF? :D

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

• Developers
8 minutes ago, Unable_to_find_username said:

@JLogan3o13 I am aware of that, I was just conforming... Many users tend to mistake these forums for support forums (for AutoIt), Something like issues with IE UDF? :D

What about not interfering in stead of "conforming"  as your post doesn't contribute at all other than adding one to your post count. ;)

@Renderer, What type of internet access do you have and do all computers using it see the same issue?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos I am not trying to increase my post count, I did mention the thing about FUP... It did happen to me, when my dad called out ISP and complained about slow speeds, we didn't realize until the support person told us to check our FUP (The monthly bandwidth limit)...

• Moderators

Then I would definitely begin with the ISP and work my way backward to local hardware.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Moderators

I think it could be a lot of things. I'm simply stating that checking with the ISP to confirm nothing has changed on their end is the easiest first step, before you go looking at your router or PC.

When I encounter these types of issues, first thing I do is reboot everything, PC, router, modem. If that doesn't fix it, call your ISP. They're going to ask you to do those things anyways so you might as well get them out of the way before calling so you'll know it won't work.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If you have a broadband provider, and your speed is 500kbps through LAN, it sounds like you are controlled by some router between PC and internet modem. Some of these can control your bandwidth, as well as your ISP. If you live in shared apartments, you should also ask your landlord.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.