extmsgbox fix

cyberalau3

Back in March 2015 I had a question about displaying extmsgbox on a 2nd screen. The fact that it wouldn't do it and you solved it for me with the following answer below which worked just great. Since then I had a problem and had to re-install autoit3 and your extmsgbox. It doesn't have this fix in it and since it is a newer version ( I assume) and the line numbers are no longer accurate. Can you tell me which line numbers might be the correct ones now?

Thanks so much     -   cyberalau3

cyberalau3,                                        LAST YEARS CORRECTION

Looking even more closely at the code I see there is a check of position to prevent the dialog leaving the main screen - which is interfering with the coords that you set for your second screen. I will look into how I might change the UDF to allow negative values. Bu if you want try a quick fix, comment out lines #477-481 and see if that does the trick.

• Moderators

cyberalau3,

The "fix" I produced for you was incorporated in this UDF version released soon after your initial request:

Added: A new parameter to the _ExtMsgBox function to allow the dialog to display on secondary displays. The UDF default behaviour prevents simple coordinate errors from making the dialog invisible (the coordinates are adjusted to make sure it appears on the main screen as close as possible to the desired location) which does not allow the dialog to be deliberately positioned off the main display - setting this new parameter allows the dialog to be located at any position. Obviously the user who sets this parameter is now responsible for ensuring that the dialog is visible

I have just downloaded the current version and this "fix" is certainly there - so I think you are still using an older version of the UDF. Just download the zip file from the ExtMsgBox thread OP, set the $bMain parameter to False when calling _ExtMsgBox, and the dialog will appear where you wish.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

cyberalau3,

Delighted to hear it - but I do wonder at times if it worth writing comprehensive changelogs and function headers.....

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area