Revision 2016 - "The return of EvilBot"

minxomat

It's that time of the year again. Well, not quite yet, but soon, from March 25th to 28th 2016 in Saarbrücken, Germany to be precise.

x750_y499_8fa415_12.jpg

Revision is a demoparty held yearly on Easter since 2011 in Saarbrücken, the state capital of Saarland, located in southwest Germany. It is organized by the non-profit organization Tastatur und Maus e.V. and a large, international team of sceners. As an event purely from and for the demoscene Revision features everything you could wish for: multiplatform competitions, socializing and partying, awesome seminars and of course the unique Revision atmosphere created by us and YOU!

It's time to prepare to meet and chat with awesome developers and learn new skills in seminars (with usually drunk hosts). Maybe you'll even spot some AutoIt folks there. It has happened before:

big_Capture02245.jpg

(@UEZ and @AndyG if you wondered).

This years theme is the return of EvilBot. A demoscene-hating robot that was introduced as Revision's main antagonist in 2012. Now he's taking over again, and even tries to run for president (#StillBetterThanTrump).

How did that happen? You can watch the official 2016 invitation here (below) or download it here and run it on your own PC. :) 

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

• 2 months later...

In the twenties: Xorianator

In the thirties: Lottich

In the "midlife crisis" forties: UEZ

In the fifties: AndyG

Xorianator and Lottich are from the German forum. I wish we had also met some users from this forum at the party - especially you trancexx. :D

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm in the middle of knocking together an Amiga demo/intro for an OCS A500. My friend has loads of retro gaming machines/consoles and is going to have a retro party. I used to do Amiga demo stuff so I dug out all my old sources and Amiga. I have no idea how I used to understand this assembler nonsense when I was 16 - it took me a week to have any clue what I'd done. Commenting obviously wasn't my forte :) 

So far I've got a sine scroller, bobsnake and inconvex vectors up and running :) Cheesy retro routines obviously.

I was watching some revision 2016 vids when I was looking at this stuff again, amazed they still do Amiga entries (even though they are very accelerated machines).