ydwdwydwywywy

abokdl

You are not i a restaurant you can order what you want. The helpfile is pretty good and learning the basics of AutoIT make more sence than putting a 3 at the end of each sentence. But if you wan't this nonsence then just do it.

Edited by AutoBert

• Moderators

abokdl,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

As Autobert has explained, we do not just write code for people, we help them get their code working properly. Think of the old saying: "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; give a man a net and you feed him forever". We try to be net makers and repairers, not fishmongers.

So we can offer some sensible pointers as to where in the Help file you need to look, can you please explain more clearly what you want to do. Where is this sentence? Why do you need to add "3" to the end?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

9 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

abokdl,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

As Autobert has explained, we do not just write code for people, we help them get their code working properly. Think of the old saying: "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; give a man a net and you feed him forever". We try to be net makers and repairers, not fishmongers.

So we can offer some sensible pointers as to where in the Help file you need to look, can you please explain more clearly what you want to do. Where is this sentence? Why do you need to add "3" to the end?

M23

I want to put "3" at the end of a sentence everytime I press Enter. Let's say I'm starting a sentence with "Hello", it would end with "Hello3". Why I want to do it doesn't really matter, doesn't it?

Anyways, here's the script:

{ENTER}::
Send(".")
Send("{ENTER}")

I'm very new into AutoIt, so don't be surprised. Overall, where do I exactly have to start with?

• Moderators

abokdl,

That script looks more like AutoHotKey than AutoIt - are you sure you are in the correct forum?

Again. where is this "sentence"? In an edit control within your own GUI? In another app such as Word? Without these details it is hard to know where to start.

Why I want to do it doesn't really matter, doesn't it?

And a final word to the wise: in this forum if a Mod asks a question, it is advisable to offer a sensible reply.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Looks like AHK to me, after seeing the code from that HotStrings thread.

@OP all you need to make this work in the most simple way ( what you have posted from AHK) is Autoit's HotKeySet() and a Function with  2 Send() commands.

It should be one of the more easy first time scripts to create, so I think its best you look up those key terms and figure it out or atleast try.

On 27.1.2016 at 10:05 PM, ViciousXUSMC said:

Looks like AHK to me, after seeing the code from that HotStrings thread.

@OP all you need to make this work in the most simple way ( what you have posted from AHK) is Autoit's HotKeySet() and a Function with  2 Send() commands.

It should be one of the more easy first time scripts to create, so I think its best you look up those key terms and figure it out or atleast try.

dywywwwywwywy

ywdwywy

Edited by abokdl

• Moderators

@abokdl you are quickly running through any good will on this forum. The next nonsensical outburst from you will result in a holiday from the forums.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!