GUI Interaction (VB6)

Hello. 

Not sure this is the right forum. If I'm wrong, please, let me know.

I have a task that I really don't know where to begin at. I have a legacy application built in VB6 (yeah, I know) and lately it has been reported to slow down some of the hours of the day and I'm supposed to have a end-user-experience log for this.

I have worked with IE before, doing things like _IEFormGetCollection, then _IEFormElementGetCollection, and manipulating @extended tags, also, _IEFormElementGetObjByName_IEFormElementSetValue and _IEFormSubmit at the end. Another example is _IEImgGetCollection, then working with the variable properties, like $xyz.src.

What I need to do is basically the same.

- Collecting GUIForms or elements and Setting values into forms (like _IEFormElementSetValue) 

- Submitting the info to generate an order on another frame of the GUI, and measure the timing.

What I need to know:

What function or section to be based upon. I have searched in the help file for over a hour with no luck. I've found some stuff within _WinAPI, GDIPlus, and GUIReference, though I wasn't able to find a suitable function to work with this. I have also searched and read some topics in our forum, but most of them refers to AutoIt GUIs. If I missed something, please, educate me.

Of course, I'll post whatever I can share about what could be helpful for other users.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

I think you are using the AutoITX to create a OCX, i don't know AutoITX is able to use ControlClick and ControlSend.

If you are unsure on a particular topic, why not let others weigh in, rather than posting just to say you don't know ;) 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

4 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

If you are unsure on a particular topic, why not let others weigh in, rather than posting just to say you don't know ;) 

Well, I won't do that next time. I figured since it did not consume considerable time to write, read or space in the topic relative storage... haha.

11 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

I think you are using the AutoITX to create a OCX, i don't know AutoITX is able to use ControlClick and ControlSend.

Afterwards, I stumbled in something called IUI Automation, still haven't quite figured it out yet, but it seems to be a better solution for what I've done so far. Anyway, I'll keep working. I'll post some progress afterwards.