Why does IE.au3 give this error.

ame1011

it seems that at random times IE.au3 spits out this error.

While ($o_object.document.readyState <> "complete") and ($o_object.document.readyState <> 4) 
While ($o_object.document^ ERROR

this code, of course determine's if the page is loaded or not by waiting for the 4 'ready' messages in the bottom left.

Anyone got any ideas?

code:

$oIE = _IECreate()

_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.gmail.com")
[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]

Valuator provides a valid suggestion. I've heard a small number of complaints about this. It has typically been on a slow or overloaded system. I am hoping that I have addressed this in the next release. It is a simple change to _IELoadWait(). If you'd like to test it, find _IELoadWait() and change the line

While ($o_object.document.readyState <> "complete") and ($o_object.document.readyState <> 4)

to

While ($o_object.readyState <> "complete") and ($o_object.readyState <> 4)

This checks the readystate of the browser rather than its embedded document (which aparently sometimes does not get fully instantiated before the readystate check is attempted). I have not yet tested this with frames - if it causes trouble there there will need to be some more code to handle all situations.

Dale

it seems that at random times IE.au3 spits out this error.

While ($o_object.document^ ERROR

this code, of course determine's if the page is loaded or not by waiting for the 4 'ready' messages in the bottom left.

Anyone got any ideas?

code:

$oIE = _IECreate()

_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.gmail.com")
Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 3 months later...

I also get this error message at times and the sleep function seems to make it go away.

I'm not a script master but is there a way to change the code so that the sleep function is used if the error should appear just to be sure that the script doesn't stop?

Regards,

Tobias