Copy folder and file names and write them to a text file

Basically I'm looking to make a snapshot of a whole HD's folders and files in one text file. Just the names. Preferably in alphabetical order.
Folder 1
    File 1
    File 2
    File 3
Folder 2
   Etc

Is there a function that can copy just the names without opening the files? An alternative would be to put each into rename mode and then copy the text, but that is going to be painfully slow.
Thanks.

• Moderators

Hi, @Scottswan take a look at _FileListToArrayRec in the help file. Create an array of all folders, and then write that to your text file.

Edit: I missed the folders and files part. You can still do it with _FileListToArrayRec, just realize it is going to take a while to create such a large array. Can you explain why you need every folder/file on C?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

That's what I need, I kept looking in regular functions for something like that.

This is not for an OS drive, yeah that would be a lot of files, and folders! This is for backup drives. Mainly I want to be able to easily see what I have backed up in one physical location so I don't copy the same stuff again to back it up. Not that many folders, but a lot of files. 

Thanks.