Trouble with Shift+enter with FB messenger

0manko

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project which include a bot that will reply and do stuff for me through FB messenger. I got most of the stuff working fine buti'm giving up trying to do line break via CTRL+enter / Shift+enter via controlsend 

So here's the problem in facing : 

helpmeplz.thumb.jpg.aa9d8fbb5d15fc5d94fc

I've tried several methods with controlsend and i got no luck, the {shift} doesn't seem to work with {enter} key, instead of going nextline it just send the line as if the shift key was never pressed. Here are some of the different code i tried none of it make a different, all failed.  

func newline()
    ControlFocus($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]")
    ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "", "", 0, 0)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "line one",1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "^{Enter}")
    Sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "line two",1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "^{Enter}")
    Sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "line three",1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{Enter}")
EndFunc

func newline2()
    ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "", "", 0, 0)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "line one",1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{LSHIFT}{Enter}")
    Sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "line two",1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{LSHIFT}{Enter}")
    Sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "line three",1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{Enter}")
EndFunc

func newline3()

ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{SHIFTDOWN}")
    Sleep(250)
    sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{SHIFTUP}")

ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{SHIFTDOWN}")
    Sleep(250)
    sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{SHIFTUP}")

EndFunc

I've also tried making a notepad file of multiple line and copy to clipboard then controlsend paste it, but instead of having 3 sentence i'm getting one long sentence.
The only way i get to make anewline is through On Screen Keyboard with Shift + Enter or pressing manually typing it buti hope that there's some simpler way to achieve it with controlsend.  

CTRL+Enter will also make a new line but I can't get it to work either ... 

Thanks Jfish, i've tried your method and  it still did not produce the result i was hoping for, instead of sending 3 continuous lines i got 3 separate lines, the best way i could achieve it is still using CTRL+enter style which i failed to do so

func newline4()
    $multiLineString="Line One" & @crlf & _
    "Line 2" & @crlf & _
    "Line 3"
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", $multiLineString,1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{enter}")
EndFunc

dobubububudobu.thumb.jpg.bed05183b4918d2

Thanks Jfish, i've tried your method and  it still did not produce the result i was hoping for, instead of sending 3 continuous lines i got 3 separate lines, the best way i could achieve it is still using CTRL+enter style which i failed to do so

func newline4()
    $multiLineString="Line One" & @crlf & _
    "Line 2" & @crlf & _
    "Line 3"
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", $multiLineString,1)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{enter}")
EndFunc

dobubububudobu.thumb.jpg.bed05183b4918d2

32 minutes ago, JohnOne said:

Analyze a multiline string copied from the app, to determine which char is used for end of line.

Thanks for the suggestion,it seems that this may actually work. Is there any easy method i can used to analyze the string ?
 i saved the multiline text from the FB messenger to the notepad, after that i copy and paste back everything in the notepad and the linebreak remains in the messenger. But soon after i add another line using enter in the notepad everything clump into a sentence back instead of multiline.

I'm assuming that there's a linebreak element in there and is there anyway to determine and replicate it? 

Update:

Things are getting weird again, so i copied and paste the same thing from the messenger, to the notepad, then back to the messenger again and it works perfectly. 

test1.jpg.9c5341ef543aa86a6b5058efa531a9test1r.thumb.jpg.8b19293e62e679142be9a4f

But once i added something in between the text it paste it again it went to one full straight line

test2.jpg.62dc2c6e6be8a678dfe0d84efa05c3test2r.thumb.jpg.ee7d50068575d2922285910

anyidea what's happening ? 

Edited by 0manko
accidental copy/paste

1 minute ago, JohnOne said:

And the above string?

i'm using this

$multiLineString="Line One" & Chr(13) & "Line 2" & Chr(13) & "Line 3"

and just edited abit into my code

func copytoclip()
    ClipPut($multiLineString)
EndFunc

Func testsend()
    Sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", $multiLineString)
    sleep (100)
EndFunc

Update: 

this is getting even more confusing ......

This code copy  and paste it like normal CTRL+V and it works fine: 

Func Test1 ()
    $aSplit = ClipGet()
    Sleep (200)
    Sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "^v")
    sleep (100)
EndFunc

This send text using controlsend and it goes to separate line (both clipboard hold the same stuff i just copied a moment ago): 

Func Test2 ()
    $aSplit = ClipGet()
    Sleep (200)
    Sleep(250)
    ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", $aSplit)
    sleep (100)
EndFunc

whyyyyy.thumb.jpg.1c0e7b2ab87224c101b7e0

Is there anyway to just make ctrl+Enter/Shift+enter to work :'(