[SOLVED] Get process ID by name

flashcoder

Hello,

Someone have a Func as this that can share here please?

function search(name:string): Cardinal;
var ExeFile    : String;
    PE         : TProcessEntry32;
    FSnap,Handl: THandle;
begin
 result:= 0;
 FSnap:= Tlhelp32.CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS,0);

PE.dwSize:= SizeOf(PE);
 if (Tlhelp32.Process32First(FSnap,PE)) Then
  Repeat
   ExeFile:= PE.szExeFile;

if pos(pchar(lowercase(name)), lowercase(ExeFile))>0 then
    Begin
     result:= PE.th32ProcessID;
     break
    End;
   Until Not Process32Next(FSnap,PE)
end;

Edited by flashcoder

Look at ProcessList in the help file.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

9 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

Look at ProcessList in the help file.

@BrewManNH, I found this function following, but PID is returns always as zero (0).

Eg:

MsgBox($MB_OK, "Tutorial", ProcessGetId("notepad.exe"))
Func ProcessGetId($Process)
    If IsString($Process) = 0 Then
        SetError(2)
    ElseIf ProcessExists($Process) = 0 Then
        SetError(1)
    Else
        Local $PList = ProcessList($Process)
        Local $i
        Local $PId[$PList[0][0] + 1]
        $PId[0] = $PList[0][0]
        For $i = 1 To $PList[0][0]
            $PId[$i] = $PList[$i][1]
        Next
        Return $PId
    EndIf
EndFunc ;==>ProcessGetId

Edited by flashcoder

That function returns an array, you can't access it that way.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator