Video cache disappearing Win 10

JohnOne

I've noticed a weird and annoying issue on my win 10 x64 OS

Using Google chrome, but does not occur in win 7

I start watching a video, could be on any streaming site, including youtube, gorillavid, vodlocker, anywhere where you can watch streaming video.

I decide not to watch it immediately, and let the content buffer to it's completion for later viewing.

At some point, if left for a while, I'll go back to the tab, which the video is in, and the tab page refreshes, losing the buffered content.

Started about 3-4 weeks ago I think.

Anyone else heard of this issue?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• 3 weeks later...

The chrome problem above is by design, they put tabs to sleep to save memory or something.

So I changed to using IE.

IE has issues of its own, copy and pasting is a nightmare on some sites, and impossible on others, and the lack of "Paste as plain text" pisses me off.

So the past few days I've had to have two different browsers open to have stuff the way I want it.

My point is, I believe the issues I'm having is a win 10 one, when it comes down to it. Win 7, none of this shit occurs.

So I'm actually going to try The Decoder's firefox suggestion.

Years ago, I put firefox in my mental bin for some reason, I've got a feeling I'm about to remember why.

Reads like a rant, that. And I suppose it is.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

JohnOne, have you add any new chrome extensions or anyhting like that recently? On a couple of occasions I've found that a new extension causes problems with Chrome, and usually removing it fixes the issue. Just a thought, best of luck. I'm not a fan of FF either after using Chrome for so long, so I get why you don't want to go back to it.

No new add ons and tried disabling the one I have.

If it were a bug, I could live with persistent puesuance of a fix, but it's not, it's designed that way, the changs to new browser is an easy decision.

I recommend to migrate all your passwords in chrome (if any) to a KeePass database instead of importing them in Fireofox :)

P.S That is what I did before changing from Chrome to Firefox

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Faced exact same problem few days ago. You should also analyse the Windows Error log carefully first to detect the problem. After finding a windows error log entry that we think is most likely related to the problem, some before and after events should also be analyzed, they canalso be related to the error.  Read this http://eventlogxp.com/blog/troubleshooting-philosophy-windows-event-log-error-analysis/ . It will surely help