AU4 Library

Alzri

• Developers

Ah, ok.

We can see a lot and it all depends to what length people go to hide from their history.
In this case I am not sure why one would want to do that anyway.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

1 hour ago, JohnOne said:

No, it's just glaringly obvious. A similar topic takes place in chat, and 5 minutes later a "new" member registers with the express intention to recruit people to do it.

I've got no words for that, except lol.

I agree, there is some similarity, but I fail to see why a new membership was required (aside from what I mention below in the P.S.).

You'll also note that I visited both memberships prior to your mention here, but as nothing seemed obvious to me, I decided not to say anything ... just give the OP the benefit of the doubt ... see where things go etc.

At any time, given sufficient motive, I could have mentioned it quietly to a MOD ... so I don't understand the last thing you said. I suspect MODS don't go around checking on people to see if they have broken the rules and have more than one membership ... not without good reason to do so (bad behavior, etc).

P.S. Some people have created another membership for non-malicious reasons (forgotten their password, etc), so this could all be quite innocent. Perhaps the Chat topic motivated them to want to create a topic, and password forgotten, they just created another membership to do so. That other user Alzri2 hasn't posted for a few years.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Ah, ok.

We can see a lot and it all depends to what length people go to hide from their history.
In this case I am not sure why one would want to do that anyway.

Jos

Me neither.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Perhaps they saw it through someone else's login or heard about it via a friend or acquaintance.

Or perhaps it is just one of life's little coincidences.

To do as you suggest though, they would have to have another alias, that wasn't Alzri2, as they haven't visited for a few years.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

First of all,

Let's take this offline and go back on topic please

Thanks for that Jos... that's what we need guys, instead of using our potential and time on "why and when and where" :)

It's your project, do you not have any ideas of your own?

It would be very naive to start a project without having any idea about it ! As a developer, I wanna hear others ideas to see if I can develop mine as well.

Well, for the moment, it's gonna be a function-based project, no objects, no complications... and, I don't know for how much this line would hold.

Also, I'm only gonna implement the functions under "Function Reference" in the AutoIt help file... AFIK, other UDF functions are just a combination of those functions.

==============

Now, let's start the investigation session:

Why not start by revealing your usual forum name?

As indicated in the github link in the greetings, I'm one of AT4RE members... forum: http://www.at4re.com/f/

I noticed there was an Alzri2 who joined back in 2009

No, there isn't. Actually, I was stunned when I read that nickname cuz that's mine, and I don't remember that I have registered before in this forum using this one. If this account exists, would you show us ?

I registered in this forum before using another nickname. When I was gonna post this project, didn't like the nickname (was created 7 or 9 years ago, you can tell how awful it could be)... so I created this account, right after that, sent a PM to an admin "Jon", whom I checked has visited the forum recently, to delete the previous account. Deleting / ignoring that account is up to him as I don't intend to use it.

A similar topic takes place in chat

I don't even know that this forum has a chatbox... well, I checked it and didn't find anything.

express intention to recruit people to do it.

Did I say that ? if not, I guess you jumped to that conclusion :) 

It's just that if someone wants to join he's welcome to do so.

it is laughable to think someone cannot create and use a second account without "The Mods would be able to tell".

Told ya, you don't have to jump to conclusions... I hope that you know that mods can't know everything if someone knows what he's doing. Anyway, I don't intend to do that either in case you want to jump to that conclusion as well.

In this case I am not sure why one would want to do that anyway

In this case, there isn't a "that".

==============

All that being said, thanks for the welcome guys :)

Back to the topic, do you have any ideas ? notes ? whatever ?

6 hours ago, Alzri said:

Well, for the moment, it's gonna be a function-based project, no objects, no complications... and, I don't know for how much this line would hold.

Also, I'm only gonna implement the functions under "Function Reference" in the AutoIt help file... AFIK, other UDF functions are just a combination of those functions.

Is this your whole plan of action?

What exactly is the aim of this project?

Please be very specific, because your first post is terribly vague.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/profile/45606-alzri2/

We have a long time Chat forum as well as the newly provided Chatbox. You need to meet criteria for the Chat forum to be available to you ... new members cannot access.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

What exactly is the aim of this project?

I've already answered that question. But, I'll explain it differently:

We know that AutoIt is already written in C++, but an AutoIt app is slower than a C++ app.

Why ?

Because the output file of AutoIt has all the functions inside it even if only one of them is used ! Then, it reads the script from the overlay and execute it.

How about C++ ?

It's totally different, things are organized and faster because the compiler only includes the functions you need and writes native code.

To know what I'm talking about, read this: http://delphiblog.twodesk.com/making-slow-code-go-faster-measuring-speed

So, this whole project is the first step to write an Au3 to Cpp converter, you can call it: "Au3++ compiler". (thanks for jpm for the name)

Is this your whole plan of action

Yeah, let me know if you have any better idea(s) :)

Just curious, why are you using blue text?

My fav color.

Strange, I've searched using google and didn't get a hit ! Anyway, I've sent Jon another message about this account as well.

Edited by Alzri

Please use the default text color from now on. Unless you don't want to be taken seriously.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

1 hour ago, Alzri said:

Yeah, let me know if you have any better idea(s)

Make it clear if this is a compiler or a converter.

What language are you creating this "whatever this is" in?

Edited by JohnOne

Unless you don't want to be taken seriously.

huh ! You shall consider your measure of seriousness !

Make it clear if this is a compiler or a converter.

A "converter" that can replace the current compiler.

What language are you creating this "whatever this" is in?

The whole project is currently written in C++. In case you want to create the converter in another language, such as C#, you can do that as well. But, I'm writing the AutoIt correspondence functions in C++ only.

Edited by Alzri

3 minutes ago, Alzri said:

A "converter" that can replace the current compiler.

So you have an autoit script, then what happens?

I don't understand how a converter can replace a compiler.

You might think you have explained this, but you have not, please detail exactly what this project aims to do, from start to finish.

OK... this is the very first step: writing AutoIt functions in a C++ library.

Another project is to write a tool (in any lang, even AutoIt) works as follow:

1) The user input an au3 file.

2) The tool (converter) starts to convert the AutoIt script: (AutoIt syntax to C++ syntax) and (AutoIt functions to correspondence C++ functions in this library).

we will end up with a main.cpp (our script in a new form) with some header files and cpp files (the library).

3) C++ compiler does its job to the converted script

4) Voila ! AutoIt script output file is not "scripty" anymore, it runs like a native app.

Edited by Alzri

20 minutes ago, JohnOne said:

I see.

There is some code here you can look at for ideas, on sourceforge.

AutoItC - AutoIt to C++ Converter

I tried to find a similar project before with no luck !

Well, looks like someone has done a wonderful job. Now, I'm really considering whether to abandon the project :( Or better, I might copy and improve/optimize his code.