madmega

Load/save xls files

Hi, i have some sort of problem here, from a website i can download a xls file, it is 180kb, when i open it with excel and then save it (without changing anything), the file is 130kb.

Is there a possibility to resave a xls file, without opening excel to do it ?

The size isn't important - it's the content. Is there something missing after saving the workbook?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-10-24 - Version 1.4.14.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-02-09 - Version 1.4.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

No, it is exactly the same, the problem is that when i load the 180kb version into a program that reads xls files, it skips column 1

But when you open the file with Excel column 1 is there?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-10-24 - Version 1.4.14.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-02-09 - Version 1.4.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:

Then I assume it is a problem with the application processing the workbook.

17 minutes ago, madmega said:

i load the 180kb version into a program that reads xls files, it skips column 1

Is this program an AutoIt script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

Are we talking about xls files (the content is stored in a binary format) or about xlsx files (a compressed XML format)?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

Is there anything special with the first column? A set filter, set to hidden etc.?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

No nothing, it is so weird, i just saved the file on a xp machine with the same Excel but instead of a 64bit a 32bit of Excel 2010, and the file is 179kb.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tony007
      Hi,
      is it possible to export only the area "$idOutput" with the TEXT as a PNG?
      Thanks
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 700, 700, -1, -1) Local $input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 10, 150, 20) Local $idButtonStart = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 200, 10, 50, 30) Local $idButtonClear = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear", 260, 10, 50, 30) Local $idButtonExport = GUICtrlCreateButton("Export", 320, 10, 50, 30) Local $idOutput = GUICtrlCreateLabel("TEXT", 10, 50, 500, 500, BitOR($BS_PUSHLIKE, $SS_CENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($idOutput, 45, 800, "", "Impact") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $idButtonStart $ContentInput1 = GUICtrlRead($input1) GUICtrlSetData($idOutput, $ContentInput1) Case $idButtonClear GUICtrlSetData($input1, "") GUICtrlSetData($idOutput, "") Case $idButtonExport EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete($hGUI) Exit EndFunc ;==>Example  
    • By vargheseg
      I am new to AutoIT but I do use Sikuli.  Decided to use AutoIT for  this project as all  the required can be created in an .exe file, does not  need Java like Sikuli.
      Also  which can be pushed to tool bar of Windows 10 desktop.
      Our users will interact with a client/server application and normally work on dual screen. The script needs to detect the c/s application from the dual screen,  needs to do three mouse clicks based of image/pixel comparison, will need to wait till the  click object is available and then finally take screen capture  of the top 40 rows  and save the .jpeg file to  windows file share location.
      once the file save is completed,  pop up message - the screen capture is completed. Then the users can do their regular work.
      Potentially  other factor that will play are the screen resolution.
      Can anyone guide me to some relevant scripts already in the forum. In the meantime I am learning  the basics of the  tool.

Appreciate feedback and any help
      George V

• By Davegbuf
      I found a PowerShell module in the TechNet script center that will be useful to me for detecting reboots; however, my knowledge of PowerShell is limited and I don't know how to load the a module for use with my AutoIt scripts. (in case you need it): https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-PendingReboot-Query-bdb79542)
      I loaded the PowerShell module successfully manually via the PowerShell ISE on my test machine, and ran a batch command successfully on it too. NOTE: I sometimes use a batch file commands for troubleshooting a few lines of code and then I convert the "known good" command into my final AutoIt scripts).
      As I mentioned, I ran the following batch command-line successfully after I had manually loaded the Powershell module via the ISE (the command  displays a "True" or "False" in the Windows CMD console - see the attachment) :
      PowerShell -Command (Test-PendingReboot -SkipConfigurationManagerClientCheck).IsRebootPending I need to know how I can include the PowerShell module in a subfolder and load it, in addition to running the command-line mentioned above. I have used *.PS1 scripts before in my AutoIt projects, but my general knowledge of Powershell is limited and I don't know how to work with modules. Can anyone with some Powershell knowledge help me with these few lines of code needed to accomplish the goal?
      I would appreciate any help you can offer.

• By vin1
      i have a script that selects  a text file and deletes a line (text input required) in the text file selected
      i have to make it remove all lines found on a file i name, toRemoveLines.txt
      it has to remove lines from all text files found in a folder
      this is the script that has to be modified
      where it says "select file" it has to be "select folder"
      where it says "line text input" it has to be all lines from a text file
      #Include <File.au3> Global $success = False $file_name = FileOpenDialog("Select file", @ScriptDir, "All files (*.*)", 1+4) $line_text_input = InputBox("Line's text", "Line must contain following text:", "line contains this text") $file_count_lines = _FileCountLines($file_name) for $i = 0 to $file_count_lines $Lines_text_output = FileReadLine($file_name, $i) if StringInStr($Lines_text_output, $line_text_input) then _FileWriteToLine($file_name, $i, "", 1) $success = True ExitLoop EndIf Next if $success = True Then MsgBox(0, "Success", "Line has been deleted") Else MsgBox(0, "Failure", "Line wasn't found") EndIf  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      I have a query please
      It is about windows file explorer
      If i design a tool in autoit language to delete files for example
      and i  added it in the context menu in File Explorer
      If i right-click on any file And you choose the tool, it will be get the path of the selected file or folder
      The problem here is
      If i select a set of files or folders
      it only detect the first one
      The code that i  used is
      if $CMDLine[0] = 0 then
      msgBox(16, "error", "you don't selecte any files")
      exit
      else
      for $i = 1 to $CMDLine[0]
      msgBox(0, "files", $CMDLine[$i]
      next
      endIf
      exit